Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pinellas Park, FL [Now Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is happening! I just stopped by and snapped these pictures. The location is 3101 Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas Park.

Attachments

• IMAG1599.jpg
    IMAG1599.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG1600.jpg
    IMAG1600.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG1601.jpg
    IMAG1601.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG1603.jpg
    IMAG1603.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 255
Wawa is a great fit for charging. My niece works at Wawa corporate and I asked why they don't have fast-charging stations. She said she was told it's because they don't want people loitering around while charging. I told her it would attract customers and they won't typically be there for hours or anything. Hopefully, this Supercharger will show them the value and they will see the light corporate-wide.

Wawa seems to pride themselves on the quality of their convenience store, and I like their hogies (and free air!) so I think it is a good fit. With all the stores being built around Florida, maybe there will be other partnerships.

Reactions: tburneymac
How do you guys search for permits? I want to check for Palm Beach and Broward County. I found searchable websites but they ask for address or permit #. Obviously I don't have that.

Larger cities generally do their own permitting, otherwise you can look at the county level. Online access is quite variable: some places have no online data, some like you describe above require you to basically know where to look or check each permit individually (like "Coming Soon" site Altamonte Springs FL), while others are more search friendly. For West Palm Beach, you can put google tesla site:wpb.org and see permits for wall chargers (and maybe a supercharger at some point).

By the way, I have checked the Altamonte Springs electrical permits through EL17-0442 - if anyone needs a little tedium in their life, they can periodically check sequential permit numbers until their supercharger shows up.

How long does it usually take to built from start of construction to completion ?
There really is no good answer to that. Some of them are finished in 60 days or so, and some drag on for months and months on end. To get an idea of the current state of affairs, take a look at supercharge.info . The orange and white traffic cones depict sites currently under construction. If you click on them, they each contain a note saying how many days have passed since construction started.

Reactions: GJ79
Wawa is a great fit for charging. My niece works at Wawa corporate and I asked why they don't have fast-charging stations. She said she was told it's because they don't want people loitering around while charging. I told her it would attract customers and they won't typically be there for hours or anything. Hopefully, this Supercharger will show them the value and they will see the light corporate-wide.

Loitering? Pretty terrible way to view customers.

Loitering? Pretty terrible way to view customers.

"stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose."

The want people spending money at the convenience store. They can maximize that with higher throughput than EVs would offer. So I can see why they could think of EV owners as potential loiterers

But, EVs might make up for the space with higher ratio of purchases due to the longer stops. That's more likely where there's an oversized lot. Just put the chargers out of the way of the people with a need for speed.