Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pismo Beach, CA (LIVE 8 Jun 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Pismo Beach is getting a Supercharger!!!

This new Supercharger will be located at the Pismo Beach Premium Outlet mall near the Nike Factory Store (333 Five Cities Dr). I obtained the info via Allan on Twitter. A photo posted to that link shows a fenced up area of the parking lot as well as the top of 3 cabinets, which look like V3 cabinets. Although I am very confident that this is a Supercharger, I will hold before adding this on Supercharge Info.

@bmah @mociaf9
FD340574-7A41-4B25-A8FB-A6496ABBE6A1.jpeg

Pismo Beach is getting a Supercharger!!!

This new Supercharger will be located at the Pismo Beach Premium Outlet mall near the Nike Factory Store (333 Five Cities Dr). I obtained the info via Allan on Twitter. A photo posted to that link shows a fenced up area of the parking lot as well as the top of 3 cabinets, which look like V3 cabinets. Although I am very confident that this is a Supercharger, I will hold before adding this on Supercharge Info.

@bmah @mociaf9
View attachment 521289
Confirmation. Here's the building permit (B19-000368) for "Tesla Charging Station: Installation of 12 charging posts and 3 electrical cabinets, and utility equipment, and 2 light poles" at the outlets location. Description also confirms it's V3 (4:1 posts to cabinets ratio), though the pictures were proof enough.

Pismo Beach_permit.JPG

Pismo Beach, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-101
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-1

US-101

To: San Luis Obispo, CA - 12.6 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Atascadero, CA - 30.4 miles
To: Gilroy, CA - 141.7 miles

More capacity and density along US-101, which will help reduce the lines seen at San Luis Obispo, CA during the last holiday season. But, Tesla really needs King City, CA to split the gap and spread the load.

"Tesla really needs King City, CA to split the gap and spread the load."

Yes, I have been saying the same thing and posting about this incessantly. That huge gap is a major issue ... when driving from the bay area I could make it to Atascadero / SLO no problem, but always have to stop in Salinas in case there's a huge line or other issues.
At one point I thought a King City SC was coming (in this thread: Not a Supercharger - King City: permit for EV chargers at 560 Canal Street) but turned out not to be the case.

I am hopeful they will get Soledad up and running in 2020, and also the planned SC at Paso Robles and the expansion at SLO (if it's ever approved haha) should help. They are adding Teslas to the road at an exponential rate, and I-5 is subject to closure during storms, so this is a huge vulnerability in the system given how Tesla dense California is.

I have always wanted to stop at Pismo on the way down and this new SC will be a great option... except on big shopping weekends like black Friday, which is typically one of the days I drive from SoCal to NorCal and have to avoid Gilroy SC premium outlets for the same reason.