Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pismo Beach, CA (LIVE 8 Jun 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla superchargers Pismo 6_10_2020 1h.jpg

Tesla superchargers Pismo 6_10_2020 1d.jpg

Reactions: Ron95030
I charge in Pismo tonight and it took me about 15 minutes to go from 57 miles to 236. 1014 miles an hour at 237KW. Smokin fast :)

Glad to hear it. The upcoming July 4th weekend should be an interesting first big test.

But 15 minutes is hardly enough time to browse the nearby stores & restaurants. And many of them really need the business.

Last edited:
Glad to have these here in Pismo-
But also reminded that my old 2013 P85 is suffering from super slow charging; superchargers, even this V3 take forever.
Not sure 40 minutes of my time spent charging for each 120 miles of range pencils out...
Guess I’ll keep charging at home & not take road trips on timelines!
Still love the car...

Attachments

• 522C673C-7DF2-47DB-BC0B-BAB07D79E180.jpeg
    522C673C-7DF2-47DB-BC0B-BAB07D79E180.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 100
Glad to have these here in Pismo-
But also reminded that my old 2013 P85 is suffering from super slow charging; superchargers, even this V3 take forever.
Not sure 40 minutes of my time spent charging for each 120 miles of range pencils out...
Guess I’ll keep charging at home & not take road trips on timelines!
Still love the car...

So 200 miles of range at 90%?

I just learned about the Soledad location looking through the Calif SC thread last night. Had no idea this location was added let alone live already. This is fabulous and very needed. We’ve stayed in Pismo, Arroyo Grande and this will make staying down there and driving around the area so much easier to charge. I looked at the map and see it is on the west side of 101. Somehow had pictured it in the 5 Cities Shopping Center where the theater is located (opposite side of 101 and a bit further south).

Another location I’m waiting to see go in would be Santa Maria. Big area, lots of shopping. We almost moved to the Central Coast a number of years ago and still love getting away to the whole area for extended weekend or week getaways from the SF bay area. Actually lodging in this area can be just as hard to find during summer if you don’t reserve early. If you were staying anywhere from Pismo south to north of Santa Ynez there was no good fast charging unless you went all the way north to SLO or all the way south to Buellton/Santa Ynez. Even L2s weren’t that accessible for some running around mileage, mostly at wineries.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: goldengate
Charged here today for the first time.
At the end of the row I noticed there is a parking stop in a stall that does not have a charging pedestal.
In the photo below, I’m plugged into the stall at the end of the row.
Odd that a parking stop was put in a stall without a charger.

41f8ba97-9759-4861-8dad-f9305f2bd5fe-jpeg.612427
This might be to protect the charger post, as it is located half way between the two parking spots.
This extra spot could have been used instead to provide access for a person using a wheelchair?

Last edited: