Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Placerville, CA (Missouri Flat Rd., LIVE 15 May 2021, 8 V3 stalls + Magic Docks)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger has been found almost completed at the Placerville Target (3968 Missouri Flat Rd) by @tambam on another thread. With no photos provided, I was able to get Sacramento Tesla on Twitter out to the site and he was able to confirm 8 V3 stalls were almost ready to go!! Will add on Supercharge Info.

Photos from a subsequent Twitter post (see last link)

5D5EB26B-026A-4750-B8FD-5C2D59C1ADCE.jpeg

EB863A20-D878-4039-87CE-257D16308464.jpeg

Always glad to see more chargers, esp v3, and in time I'm sure this will be needed. However, I have been to the other Placerville charger many, many times on the way to Tahoe, and it is never even half full and always get a high unshared charge rate.

Always glad to see more chargers, esp v3, and in time I'm sure this will be needed. However, I have been to the other Placerville charger many, many times on the way to Tahoe, and it is never even half full and always get a high unshared charge rate.

Luck of the draw - my guess. I'm sure during winter or summer weekend rush to get to South Tahoe or back that the 1st Placerville was busy at times.

I believe Tesla is merging into the position of backing up busy charge options. Yes, we can pretty much go anywhere in the US under ideal conditions, but let's accept the sometimes odd - sometimes questionable 'extra charging options' as they pop up. We know that there are other probably more important locations needing SpCs, but my philosophy would be to permit as many as possible and as soon as the permit goes thru - BUILD IT !!!

Last edited:
Looked like the chain link fence was back up and a crew was there working this afternoon. It looked like they were removing one of the cabinets from the enclosure. Still waiting on a transformer inside the fenced off enclosure too it looked like.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
Progress seems to have hit a snag. I went by yesterday and they had removed the metal enclsoure/fencing from around the cabinets, removed all the cabinets, and were jackhammering out the concrete pad. There must be some issue with the conduit under the pad. Looks like a fairly significant setback.

• Informative
Reactions: miimura and mociaf9
Took this photo yesterday. Looks like we're still waiting on the transformer from PG&E. Not sure what the other set of conduits sticking up are for. Future expansion maybe?

Based on what I've seen at other sites (Jackson and Concord (Willows)), I wonder if those are for a Megapack. Might be a bit of a tight fit in that enclosure though.

Bruce.

Reactions: mociaf9
Some activity has been going on recently. It looks as if they may be trenching from the cabinet enclosure for some additional EV chargers out in the middle of the Target parking lot. A section of the enclosure wall has been removed (nearest the transformer pad). Although this is strange because there is a locked double-swinging door/gate just around the corner that would seemingly provide a wider access for PG&E.

IMG_2462.JPGIMG_2463.JPGIMG_2464.JPG

I went by yesterday around lunchtime and the PG&E has been installed within the enclosure. The other trenching work in the Target parking lot I mentioned in my post above appears to be for new landscape irrigation rather than additional chargers. All the pedestals were still wrapped up in the green plastic wrap.

• Informative