TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger: Plainview, NY (Long Island)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by zimownage, Mar 26, 2018.

1. zimownage

zimownage Member

• Like x 1
  2. JSergeant

JSergeant Supporting Member

Do you have any more information to confirm this? Where did you hear about it?

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Did you see hardware there or have permit info? (As was just posted above...) The pins mean nothing as to location, as they are 99% of the time on a place name on the map.

Edit: Where do you think these are coming to? Map only shows:

upload_2018-3-26_10-22-24.png

4. zimownage

zimownage Member

If you click on the link, on the bottom right it says Tesla supercharger, if you click on the "View retail map" it shows where the superchargers are going to be located.

5. boaterva

#5 boaterva, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Eek, our bad! :D That is weird.... are they the Hicksville pin on the map? I can't tell where the mall is (since no local knowledge, sorry!).

They may get iced often, being in prime locations right close to good retail locations!

Thanks for the info! Completely missed the logo on the vendor list.

Edit: Looks like on Old Country Road just to the right of the Plainview tag. So, not even on Tesla's map. Excellent!

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Based on the following image
    https://i1.wp.com/beechwoodhomes.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PlainviewSitePlan-12-11-17.jpg?fit=5000%2C3438&ssl=1&03-23-2018_0610pm
    ... noting the compass has it oriented "upside-down" I'd say that it's this area...
    40.779456, -73.447624

Won't be any congestion problems there, right? ;)

7. boaterva

Hope they have and enforce towing.... however, may be interesting having housing that close to SuC's. These may all be Urban Superchargers; I bet there's a lot of 3's on order on Long Island! (Or Lon Guyland, as it were... I can say that, I'm from the other one, Ro Dyland... :D )

8. JSergeant

Sorry, I missed that.

Thanks!

9. JSergeant

10. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Supercharge.info shows the site as Permit. 1528 Old Country Road. Google Street view shows a building under construction with a good size parking area.

11. st50maint

st50maint Member

Have the references to Tesla been removed?
    I saw them yesterday but I don’t see them now.

12. MMC-

MMC- S70D Refresh > S75D. "*MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS*"

Definitely no longer there. It was yesterday. Wish I had that a screen capture of it.

13. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I sent a message through the website "Contact Us" page - I'll post if I hear back.

14. boaterva

Yep.... I wonder if it was a discussion that fell through.... I thought it was weird that it wasn't close to any of the pinned names, but neighborhoods are sometimes fluid!

Worse case is that this was the classic Destination/SuC misunderstanding! Well, no, worst is there will ne nothing...

15. Ken7

Ken7 Member

This would not necessarily be good news guys. I used to live in Plainview and currently live in one of Beechwood's newer projects. These are all gated communities and if the supercharger is to be located within the gated area, only residents would have access to the supercharger.

It's almost impossible for me to believe that Tesla would be that short-sighted to not have taken this into consideration.

16. boaterva

I was wondering reading some of the residential copy... and that may be how it got pulled as discussions progressed. I don't know of any private normal SuC (outside of the usual service centers, etc.).

17. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

When the superchargers were showing on the development's map, they were in a retail area which presumably would be outside any gates.

18. Ken7

Ken7 Member

That's the only thing that makes any sense.

19. boaterva

Interesting then that all the Tesla references disappeared. Perhaps they got ahead of themselves still?

20. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

A developer that posted on Facebook about two upcoming superchargers in Manitoba has just removed those posts. That would support the theory that Tesla wants developers to be quiet about it.