Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger: Plainview, NY (Long Island)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad I finally read all the posts as I spent a good 10 minutes scanning the map without finding any mention of Tesla.

This location is way better than the Syosset location that has zero amenities (unless the Service Center is open). I was hopping they would locate the Hicksville SC at the Broadway Mall, which has a lot of outdoor fast food, Ikea and a crappy mall to walk around.

Hopefully they get some good stores/food options at this new shopping plaza.

100% confirmed, Tesla Superchargers are being installed.

The overall area is under construction but moving fast. Even the Saturday before Easter they are working. Most of the structures are built.

12AD6BC2-021A-44FA-9B83-CC11DDA1740B.jpeg
AF2ACB85-806B-4E9D-898A-E2271BDF6D9D.jpeg
7E68CC4C-3E89-4870-9D02-504C290D4F52.jpeg
65BBFE17-3E8E-4719-8E3F-712E7AF048EC.jpeg
B5016C89-17C9-42A5-9D1B-9D1BD753525D.jpeg
F89224A3-4892-4203-BE83-D5B33EE0CE60.jpeg

Last edited:
For reference to where this all located, please see the red box on my the map below.

This is 4.2 miles from the "Hicksville" pin on Tesla.com, but I believe this the "same" place, not an additional location.

Country Pointe Shops - Plainview, NY (Under construction - only ShopRite is open)
Across the street from 1528 Old Country Rd, Plainview, NY 11803

HicksvillePlainviewSC.jpg

E0A140C5-95C9-44A7-A7D1-6329DB45EE25.jpeg

That map's spot (the detail for the mall, where the SuC's are) is what it said originally before all the data got "disappeared" :eek:.....

So, if it's really there, I wonder why the secrecy and why this location isn't on the map when Islandia (other thread) is.

Um, the official map. We know supercharge.info has the real world, if not the official world. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq
@Ken7, how are the prices for the condos?

@boaterva I don't think it would be that big of a difference. By time I walk to chase or shop rite or whatever other stores is opening up and come back the car should be ready to go. I hope it's not urban
Actually, Urban guarantees you 72 (or so). Sharing one may get you a lot less.... Since there's housing nearby, I was thinking this would be a good application for Urban. But what do we know about the siting algorthms...

You are correct in that it depends on the Tesla saturation factor! :D

Actually, Urban guarantees you 72 (or so). Sharing one may get you a lot less.... Since there's housing nearby, I was thinking this would be a good application for Urban. But what do we know about the siting algorthms...

You are correct in that it depends on the Tesla saturation factor! :D

I hope it is not Urban as the closest alternative in Syosset only offers 4 stalls. Have we seen Urban located outside of cities yet? Plainview is a suburban shopping plaza, not a garage.

Reactions: Galve2000
I hope it is not Urban as the closest alternative in Syosset only offers 4 stalls. Have we seen Urban located outside of cities yet? Plainview is a suburban shopping plaza, not a garage.
The point of Urbans is to be near housing; I thought this location had a development (new) nearby. The question really is, are there a lot of units around where people can't install their own charging. (Co-ops, apartments, other without a personal garage or driveway.) If you are in a shared garage, you might rather use an Urban SuC than deal with the getting something installed inside!

I believe the one in Boston was near apartment buildings, but I'm not sure. I'd have to back to the Now You Know video to check if they said.

The point of Urbans is to be near housing; I thought this location had a development (new) nearby. The question really is, are there a lot of units around where people can't install their own charging. (Co-ops, apartments, other without a personal garage or driveway.) If you are in a shared garage, you might rather use an Urban SuC than deal with the getting something installed inside!

I believe the one in Boston was near apartment buildings, but I'm not sure. I'd have to back to the Now You Know video to check if they said.
Boston is at the Prudential mall/offices and Cambridgeside Mall (I used to live in Boston). Yes, it is close to apartments but it’s a pay lot.

Plainview is not an urban city.

This location is near a 55+ community (who could offer Level 2), but also surrounded by suburban homes with garages. There are few apartments on Long Island, compared to homes. While I can’t charge at home and need SC help, the vast majority of LI needs them for travel out east.

Reactions: Galve2000
Boston is at the Prudential mall/offices and Cambridgeside Mall (I used to live in Boston). Yes, it is close to apartments but it’s a pay lot.

Plainview is not an urban city.

This location is near a 55+ community (who could offer Level 2), but also surrounded by suburban homes with garages. There are few apartments on Long Island, compared to homes. While I can’t charge at home and need SC help, the vast majority of LI needs them for travel out east.
Should be interesting to see which sort of SuC ends up here, then! Thanks for the details of the demographics.

Reactions: Snow Drift
The new Country Pointe community has options for condo units that do not have garages. However, they are pretty expensive, so there will be Tesla owners that live there with no way to charge. So, the SC will come in handy for them.