TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger: Plainview, NY (Long Island)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by zimownage, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Prices go up to 1.3 million. Taxes can go as high as $35,000. They are 1/3 sold.

2. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

No major changes to the SCs but the shopping plaza is making a lot of progress. 2/3 buildings have siding and windows.

BEF8EA1A-F9BC-405C-A145-80DF0FAB022A.jpeg

• Like x 3
  3. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

With all the people in the area seems amazing to me for there to be no updates for a month.

4. Snow Drift

I drove by a couple of weekends ago with no visible change. The buildings have siding, etc but the parking lot is dirt.

5. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Thanks. I guess Long Islanders are more jaded than I was when I was reporting on the status of the Supercharger construction in the Buffalo area.

6. Gkrnomogascar

Gkrnomogascar Member

Tesla.com now lists plainview as an active supercharger site so we should investigate.

• Like x 1
  7. zimownage

zimownage Member

The wrap around the charger is off and all the lights on the charger are on. The parking lot is still under construction and blocked off so can't verify if it's working yet or not.

8. zimownage

zimownage Member

So I stopped by again. There's construction workers there so they unblocked the road. I obviously took the chance to sneak in and it is working. But the in car app is wrong there's nobody charging even though map said 4/6. Everyone gave me the crazy guy stare. I left before they call the cops.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  9. st50maint

st50maint Member

I am here charging and talked to a security guard.
    Tesla’s are allowed. He said they want cars to enter from western side of the parking lot.

• Like x 1
  10. Venkateshwara

Venkateshwara Member

My bad - entered from the east, exited to the west

11. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

12. Gmarchand

Gmarchand New Member

This Tesla Supercharger Center is real but not yet turned on as of 7/1/18. My Tesla navigation took me to the location and indicated there were 6 bays of which 4 were open. I met another Tesla owner there who said he tried all 6 bays and none had power. Fortunately i had just enough charge to get to the slow chargers (28 miles/hr) behind Bloomingdales at Walt Whitman Mall. I wish Tesla would not guide one to unopened or charge stations that are inoperable. It just adds to range anxiety.

13. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

You're doing it wrong. :cool:

• Like x 1
  14. dschamis

dschamis Member

Supercharged here today - worked great - the location is still a bit rough but the charging is working great.

I grew up about 2 miles from here so this is particularly exciting for me to see Plainview on the map!

IMG_20180701_123250.jpg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. tnt1971

tnt1971 Member

Stopped by about 11AM today and not working. It did say "Temporary Closure" on the nav screen but I was in the area. The chargers were accessible and opened the charge port but would not start the charge.

16. Snow Drift

I must have just missed you. I rolled through today. I don’t have a Tesla to charge but the site looked better than in the past. There was a security car in the area (probably watching the construction).

You can enter by the East and West driveway, but I would suggest the West bc the East is busy since it’s shared with Shop Rite.

4A3E3B5F-1C2B-4F1F-BAA8-B8E5DA985C6C.jpeg

17. blee321

blee321 Member

Does anyone know why this SC isn't on plug share?

18. blee321

blee321 Member

There is a Charger at the Walt Witman mall? This is news to me... when did it open? its not on Plugshare...

19. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Plugshare automatically imports supercharger locations from Tesla, it happens every 1-2 weeks, so it should be up soon.

This is also the reason why it's best not to add superchargers to Plugshare manually. When the import happens, someone (Plugshare staff, I guess) need to check for any existing icon in that location (which is usually marked as "wall outlet" or "Tesla" - as in destination charger) and then delete or merge the contents. It's a lot of manual work for something which should be automatic.

• Informative x 1
  20. Acegreat1

Acegreat1 Member

There are 6 hpwc's in the parking lot used mostly for charging the test drive vehicles for the Tesla showroom