Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger: Plainview, NY (Long Island)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you see hardware there or have permit info? (As was just posted above...) The pins mean nothing as to location, as they are 99% of the time on a place name on the map.

Edit: Where do you think these are coming to? Map only shows:

upload_2018-3-26_10-22-24.png

If you click on the link, on the bottom right it says Tesla supercharger, if you click on the "View retail map" it shows where the superchargers are going to be located.
Eek, our bad! :D That is weird.... are they the Hicksville pin on the map? I can't tell where the mall is (since no local knowledge, sorry!).

They may get iced often, being in prime locations right close to good retail locations!

Thanks for the info! Completely missed the logo on the vendor list.

Edit: Looks like on Old Country Road just to the right of the Plainview tag. So, not even on Tesla's map. Excellent!

Last edited:
Eek, our bad! :D That is weird.... are they the Hicksville pin on the map? I can't tell where the mall is (since no local knowledge, sorry!).

They may get iced often, being in prime locations right close to good retail locations!

Thanks for the info! Completely missed the logo on the vendor list.

Edit: Looks like on Old Country Road just to the right of the Plainview tag. So, not even on Tesla's map. Excellent!

Based on the following image
https://i1.wp.com/beechwoodhomes.co...-17.jpg?fit=5000,3438&ssl=1&03-23-2018_0610pm
... noting the compass has it oriented "upside-down" I'd say that it's this area...
40.779456, -73.447624

Won't be any congestion problems there, right? ;)

Hope they have and enforce towing.... however, may be interesting having housing that close to SuC's. These may all be Urban Superchargers; I bet there's a lot of 3's on order on Long Island! (Or Lon Guyland, as it were... I can say that, I'm from the other one, Ro Dyland... :D )

Have the references to Tesla been removed?
I saw them yesterday but I don’t see them now.
Yep.... I wonder if it was a discussion that fell through.... I thought it was weird that it wasn't close to any of the pinned names, but neighborhoods are sometimes fluid!

Worse case is that this was the classic Destination/SuC misunderstanding! Well, no, worst is there will ne nothing...

This would not necessarily be good news guys. I used to live in Plainview and currently live in one of Beechwood's newer projects. These are all gated communities and if the supercharger is to be located within the gated area, only residents would have access to the supercharger.

It's almost impossible for me to believe that Tesla would be that short-sighted to not have taken this into consideration.

This would not necessarily be good news guys. I used to live in Plainview and currently live in one of Beechwood's newer projects. These are all gated communities and if the supercharger is to be located within the gated area, only residents would have access to the supercharger.

It's almost impossible for me to believe that Tesla would be that short-sighted to not have taken this into consideration.
I was wondering reading some of the residential copy... and that may be how it got pulled as discussions progressed. I don't know of any private normal SuC (outside of the usual service centers, etc.).

When the superchargers were showing on the development's map, they were in a retail area which presumably would be outside any gates.