Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger: Plainview, NY (Long Island)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No major changes to the SCs but the shopping plaza is making a lot of progress. 2/3 buildings have siding and windows.

BEF8EA1A-F9BC-405C-A145-80DF0FAB022A.jpeg

So I stopped by again. There's construction workers there so they unblocked the road. I obviously took the chance to sneak in and it is working. But the in car app is wrong there's nobody charging even though map said 4/6. Everyone gave me the crazy guy stare. I left before they call the cops.

Attachments

• IMG_20180629_100117.jpg
    IMG_20180629_100117.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 77
  • MVIMG_20180629_100055.jpg
    MVIMG_20180629_100055.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 65
  • MVIMG_20180629_100013.jpg
    MVIMG_20180629_100013.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 78
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but apparently they are adding superchargers @ Country Pointe Plainview?

Country Pointe Plainview - Retail
This Tesla Supercharger Center is real but not yet turned on as of 7/1/18. My Tesla navigation took me to the location and indicated there were 6 bays of which 4 were open. I met another Tesla owner there who said he tried all 6 bays and none had power. Fortunately i had just enough charge to get to the slow chargers (28 miles/hr) behind Bloomingdales at Walt Whitman Mall. I wish Tesla would not guide one to unopened or charge stations that are inoperable. It just adds to range anxiety.

Stopped by about 11AM today and not working. It did say "Temporary Closure" on the nav screen but I was in the area. The chargers were accessible and opened the charge port but would not start the charge.
I must have just missed you. I rolled through today. I don’t have a Tesla to charge but the site looked better than in the past. There was a security car in the area (probably watching the construction).

You can enter by the East and West driveway, but I would suggest the West bc the East is busy since it’s shared with Shop Rite.

4A3E3B5F-1C2B-4F1F-BAA8-B8E5DA985C6C.jpeg

This Tesla Supercharger Center is real but not yet turned on as of 7/1/18. My Tesla navigation took me to the location and indicated there were 6 bays of which 4 were open. I met another Tesla owner there who said he tried all 6 bays and none had power. Fortunately i had just enough charge to get to the slow chargers (28 miles/hr) behind Bloomingdales at Walt Whitman Mall. I wish Tesla would not guide one to unopened or charge stations that are inoperable. It just adds to range anxiety.
There is a Charger at the Walt Witman mall? This is news to me... when did it open? its not on Plugshare...

Does anyone know why this SC isn't on plug share?

Plugshare automatically imports supercharger locations from Tesla, it happens every 1-2 weeks, so it should be up soon.

This is also the reason why it's best not to add superchargers to Plugshare manually. When the import happens, someone (Plugshare staff, I guess) need to check for any existing icon in that location (which is usually marked as "wall outlet" or "Tesla" - as in destination charger) and then delete or merge the contents. It's a lot of manual work for something which should be automatic.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000