Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plainview, NY (new location near ShopRite)

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Heard from Tesla “store” in Walt Whitman mall,Huntington,that new bank of SC are being planned in the Dicks sporting goods store. Was told about this several days ago. Fingers crossed
Interesting. That would match Tesla's pin for Melville but mean that there wasn't currently one on their map for the second Plainview location this thread is about. I checked and there is a dig notice from March that could potentially be for supercharger construction in that Dick's location--Search and Status. Nothing explicitly tying it to Tesla, but they've had plenty of locations with similarly nondescript notices before.

So, if anyone is in the area, swing by and check it out. The described area is in the parking lot between Dick's and Uncle Giuseppe's market (834 Walt Whitman Rd).

LongIslandEVs

Nov 7, 2020
Port Jefferson Station, NY
Interesting. That would match Tesla's pin for Melville but mean that there wasn't currently one on their map for the second Plainview location this thread is about. I checked and there is a dig notice from March that could potentially be for supercharger construction in that Dick's location--Search and Status. Nothing explicitly tying it to Tesla, but they've had plenty of locations with similarly nondescript notices before.

So, if anyone is in the area, swing by and check it out. The described area is in the parking lot between Dick's and Uncle Giuseppe's market (834 Walt Whitman Rd).
I used to work across the Expressway from there, at an office building on Old Country Road.

This would be a GREAT location in a major business district. Expect the stations to be filled with many executives. XD

guapopoppo

Jan 25, 2019
NY
I used to work across the Expressway from there, at an office building on Old Country Road.

This would be a GREAT location in a major business district. Expect the stations to be filled with many executives. XD
Don’t see pin indicating construction for Melville/ Huntington. See the pin for Plainview

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC