Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plainview, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will it show up in the car navigation on the same day it’s ready to go?
Or would it be possible for it to not show up in the navigation and be up and running?
It's unlikely it will show up the same day, but within a day or so.

And yes - you can charge before it's on the nav. I did that when the Supercharger in Lubbock went online. Most likely, somebody on this forum will stop by, see that it's open and take a picture of their car charging and post it.

Will it show up in the car navigation on the same day it’s ready to go?
Or would it be possible for it to not show up in the navigation and be up and running?

There is sometimes a little bit of a delay between it going "live" and appearing in the map. The Clyde, TX one I think took about 24 hours to show up on my map after it was turned on. I think it was actually listed in the Tesla app before in the car.... Speaking of which, Plainview is showing up in the phone app now. Says 4 of 8 stalls available.

IMG_1609.PNG

Well then…get back over there!!! Haha

That being said, Tesla really needs to work on the UI to notify drivers when a stall or stalls are out of order. The only way to tell is to click into the supercharger on the map and then read, in little text, what if any stalls are out of order. I've had that bite me in the butt before. I spent like 10 minutes troubleshooting my car and supercharger once before I noticed the UI said in little print that the stall I was at was out of order. You could only find that by tapping on the supercharger site on the in-car map. Not everyone knows to check that.

I think the car should notify you in a very obvious way which stalls are out of order if any, when getting close to your destination. That would save a lot of headaches when people try to plug into the broken one only to wonder why it isn't working and not realizing it's actually out of order.

That being said, Tesla really needs to work on the UI to notify drivers when a stall or stalls are out of order. The only way to tell is to click into the supercharger on the map and then read, in little text, what if any stalls are out of order. I've had that bite me in the butt before. I spent like 10 minutes troubleshooting my car and supercharger once before I noticed the UI said in little print that the stall I was at was out of order. You could only find that by tapping on the supercharger site on the in-car map. Not everyone knows to check that.

I think the car should notify you in a very obvious way which stalls are out of order if any, when getting close to your destination. That would save a lot of headaches when people try to plug into the broken one only to wonder why it isn't working and not realizing it's actually out of order.
There’s a specific charger in Amarillo that maxes out at 50kw and I wish tesla app/nav could have notified me that wasn’t normal. Luckily I knew I should be getting faster speed and I moved to a different one

Is there an easy way for me to notify tesla about it? I could find a number to call and was feeling lazy so didn’t call