TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Plano, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by bollar, Nov 2, 2017.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

A permit request for Tesla charging stations was received in Plano today at The Shops at Legacy Town Center (North) Phase 1 (CPL). Given the applicant and cost, this is certainly for the Plano Supercharger.

Permit #BLD17-18194
    5725 Legacy Dr
    Plano, Texas 75024

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Welcome addition to the DFW metro area!

@BlueShift - can you add this to the map

• Like x 1
  3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

This part of west Plano is really taking off. I wrote to nearby McKinney four years ago, suggesting that they take action to procure a north Dallas Supercharger, located in the downtown McKinney square. Heard nothing but crickets in response.

• Informative x 1
  4. HillCountryFun

Has the permit been approved?

5. brutewolf

brutewolf Member

This is especially important for those of us in Tulsa. Right now, I have to go through Oklahoma City to get to the Dallas area. This will get us from Tulsa to the DFW area in a 90D, although it will cut it close. When they put the Supercharger in Henryetta, OK, it will be two easy stops to get from Tulsa to Dallas.

6. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

That address is great for a variety of eateries, but not a great spot to get parking. It is always crowded, and to get a parking spot lunch time or evening is almost impossible. How on earth will Tesla get alteast 6+ parking spots reserved? If it is not reserved then forget it.

Also coming from 121N or S, I believe there is no direct exit to this location.

Any Supercharger should be right on 75, or 35 or 121, to connect the traffic between OK and Austin/Houston thru Dallas.

7. garrett5688

garrett5688 Member

Agreed this is an odd spot. Maybe this will be the new city type for all the apartments in that area?

They just expanded all the parking at the outlet mall in allen, would be a much better location for travel along 75 and 121... especially once Henryetta is open.

8. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

yes that would have been a much better location.

Moreover Shops at Legacy is the one most priciest real estate location in North Dallas. Tesla would have to pay through their nose to reserve spots here, unless it is in an adjacent multistory garage.

9. bollar

The permit has been updated to note there are 12 "Tesla Charging Stations (inside parking garge)"

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. bollar

The permit is approved.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  11. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Sweet! Now I can Supercharge at lunch every day and save $0.16 on electricity! :p

• Funny x 3
  12. einlong

einlong New Member

When will the new supercharger will be built?

13. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

That is impossible to know. Based on past history and depending on permitting, inspections, and equipment supply, it could be anywhere from a few months to a year. I wouldn't bet on it opening any sooner than next Summer, but any prediction is little more than speculation.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. bollar

My aggressive guess is right after Southlake, so January or February. My pessimistic guess is November of 2018.

15. thenaimis

thenaimis Former Tesla Cheerleader

You make a good point. I've been holding off on my road trips to every Texas SC, but there's no telling when they'll actually be open. Maybe I should resume the trips after all.

16. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

According to the Tesla website, a supercharger in Plano should open by the end of this year. Anyone know if there's another one going up somewhere?

17. bollar

The only Plano permit is at Shops of Legacy. If you look at other locations on the Supercharger map, you'll find that in addition to Southlake & Plano, Dallas, Fort Worth and Wichita Falls are all targeted for end of 2017. I think the probability of all of them happening by the end of the year approaches zero. If we're lucky, we'll get one (my opinion is that one is Southlake).

18. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The Tesla supercharger maps have always been more aspirational than informational.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  19. achilles992000

i'm happy Plano is getting a supercharger. but Legacy shops can get congested. it took me quite a while just to get a parking space on a weeknight in the garage.

i wouldn't want to supercharge there when i am tired on a long road trip.

• Like x 1
  20. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

The Tesla site shows a different supercharger in Plano, on the east side of 75 (15th street & K ave):

Plano, TX | Tesla

Targeted for end of 2018.