Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plano, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may be able to charge at the Dallas SuC on he 24th — they’re farther along than Plano
That's the other one I was looking at, This is just easier since it's literally down the road. The arlington one isn't horrible either. I may do the math and see what I need to just hit corsicana there and back.

Actually, how do you even get to Plano without taking the toll road?

Last edited:
That's the other one I was looking at, This is just easier since it's literally down the road. The arlington one isn't horrible either. I may do the math and see what I need to just hit corsicana there and back.

One more option: come out to the Grand Opening of the Southlake Supercharger on Saturday morning the 24th. The NTTOG will be there with the mayor & other dignitaries. Afterward we will head to the Dallas SuC and brunch at the Houndstooth Cafe (Houndstooth Coffee).

Reactions: bollar and CarlS
Gate is down, It’s a gorgeous day and four people working.
However, he’s eating on the job... no wonder it’s taking so long ‍♀️

Attachments

• BE4016AF-07C6-48D1-A8E0-D9A08D40418A.jpeg
    BE4016AF-07C6-48D1-A8E0-D9A08D40418A.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 6F42D231-B053-430D-A7B2-CDD6D4D7D458.jpeg
    6F42D231-B053-430D-A7B2-CDD6D4D7D458.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: CarlS
D71D27F1-CB99-40C5-8F61-DBE53DC07B57.jpeg
Forget what I said about 3 more weeks. The boss said he’s going home tomorrow. He doesn’t know when the site will be commissioned however — a Tesla employee is needed for that. Striping is complete and the fence is down. They will not fence in the cabinets but will install a couple of bollards instead. There will be no curbs for the parking slots so be careful backing in. No meter yet, so we’re waiting on Oncor.

I'm at the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, and it's just up the road from this location. I'd meant to check out all three in the area (here, Southlake, Dallas) in any case while I was here, but it's good to know one is that close. Shame it's not open yet, though.

I went by there this weekend. It was my first time seeing the urban chargers in person, so that was kind of cool. But, this is probably going to be one of those locations that first timers struggle with. If past history is any indication, the Tesla voice directions will get you to the corner of the street there and leave you to your own devices. In my case, I remembered it being up on top of the garage, but even that knowledge only helped a little bit since the garage isn't readily visible from the street. I hope that at some point Tesla will improve the situation with directing people to the superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar and vrykolas
That one is going to be hard to get to that area, because its a pretty busy place with so many restaurants and such, and on top of that you need to find the multi story lot and also have the knowledge that it is in the top floor.

I went by there this weekend. It was my first time seeing the urban chargers in person, so that was kind of cool. But, this is probably going to be one of those locations that first timers struggle with. If past history is any indication, the Tesla voice directions will get you to the corner of the street there and leave you to your own devices. In my case, I remembered it being up on top of the garage, but even that knowledge only helped a little bit since the garage isn't readily visible from the street. I hope that at some point Tesla will improve the situation with directing people to the superchargers.
Yes. I knew exactly where it was and had problems finding it the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: vrykolas