Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plano, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is especially important for those of us in Tulsa. Right now, I have to go through Oklahoma City to get to the Dallas area. This will get us from Tulsa to the DFW area in a 90D, although it will cut it close. When they put the Supercharger in Henryetta, OK, it will be two easy stops to get from Tulsa to Dallas.

That address is great for a variety of eateries, but not a great spot to get parking. It is always crowded, and to get a parking spot lunch time or evening is almost impossible. How on earth will Tesla get alteast 6+ parking spots reserved? If it is not reserved then forget it.

Also coming from 121N or S, I believe there is no direct exit to this location.

Any Supercharger should be right on 75, or 35 or 121, to connect the traffic between OK and Austin/Houston thru Dallas.

Agreed this is an odd spot. Maybe this will be the new city type for all the apartments in that area?

They just expanded all the parking at the outlet mall in allen, would be a much better location for travel along 75 and 121... especially once Henryetta is open.

They just expanded all the parking at the outlet mall in allen, would be a much better location for travel along 75 and 121...

yes that would have been a much better location.

Moreover Shops at Legacy is the one most priciest real estate location in North Dallas. Tesla would have to pay through their nose to reserve spots here, unless it is in an adjacent multistory garage.

That is impossible to know. Based on past history and depending on permitting, inspections, and equipment supply, it could be anywhere from a few months to a year. I wouldn't bet on it opening any sooner than next Summer, but any prediction is little more than speculation.
You make a good point. I've been holding off on my road trips to every Texas SC, but there's no telling when they'll actually be open. Maybe I should resume the trips after all.

According to the Tesla website, a supercharger in Plano should open by the end of this year. Anyone know if there's another one going up somewhere?
The only Plano permit is at Shops of Legacy. If you look at other locations on the Supercharger map, you'll find that in addition to Southlake & Plano, Dallas, Fort Worth and Wichita Falls are all targeted for end of 2017. I think the probability of all of them happening by the end of the year approaches zero. If we're lucky, we'll get one (my opinion is that one is Southlake).