Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plano, TX - Windhaven Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the supercharger nearby (Shops at Legacy) is overloaded. This one should help with alleviating the wait times. I agree it is not on the long distance travel path. I think this is targeted towards local tesla owners who doesn't necessarily have a home charger.

Reactions: PStewart
I really doubt you are going to see many here owning a Tesla and not having a two or three car garage.

I wish this was in 121 (or GWB) just off the highway. The proposed one in Allen outlets is okay, but not terribly convenient.

Another location that would benefit is I30 stretch North-East of Dallas.

Reactions: electric miles
Doesn't mention Tesla or Superchargers

https://trakit.plano.gov/etrakit_prod/custom/printPermit.aspx?permitNo=BLD22-11568

1661097870175.png

My experience that the entire DFW area is very underbuilt as relates to Superchargers for such a large population. So any addition would be welcome to take the load off. The nearby Shops at Legacy Supercharger is only 72W, is on the top level of a parking garage and was nearly full even last year. So a bigger location in Plano/Far North Dallas is certainly going to get well used.

My experience that the entire DFW area is very underbuilt as relates to Superchargers for such a large population. So any addition would be welcome to take the load off. The nearby Shops at Legacy Supercharger is only 72W, is on the top level of a parking garage and was nearly full even last year. So a bigger location in Plano/Far North Dallas is certainly going to get well used.
Then why not just expand/upgrade that one? There's certainly room for it instead of putting a whole new one just 5 minutes away with less restaurants/hotels/living units within walking distance and also further away from 121.

I could not agree more the the entire DFW area is very underbuilt, but Tesla should focus first on areas that are much further away from an existing station than 5 minutes. For starters, they need to put some east of 75.

Then they need to put one on 121, not another one off the Dallas Tollway in Plano.
The upcoming Springcreek/121 is an excellent location. Right off 121 and I believe some eateries around.

Reactions: electric miles
The upcoming Springcreek/121 is an excellent location. Right off 121 and I believe some eateries around.

Agreed. And so close to Toyota's North American HQ, it feels almost like trolling :cool: