Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plant City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EE963DDF-AED0-4C35-A0F3-CF6B3D966D36.jpeg

8 fast 250kW chargers. Nobody else is here (12:30pm), but I can barely break 115kW. Zero shade available with outside temperature of 84F. I could see this potentially affecting the charging rate as summer Florida temps rise. 7 stations to choose from and somebody pulls in right next to me on the same circuit. 🙄

Last edited:
8 fast 250kW chargers. Nobody else is here (12:30pm), but I can barely break 115kW. Zero shade available with outside temperature of 84F. I could see this potentially affecting the charging rate as summer Florida temps rise. 7 stations to choose from and somebody pulls in right next to me on the same circuit. 🙄

They don’t share power the way V2 superchargers did, so someone pulling in next to you should have no impact on your charging speed.

Did you navigate to the supercharger, and if so, for how long?

What was your state of charge % when you arrived?

Did you try moving to another stall?

Reactions: jrreno
A 2016 Model S is not capable of 250kwh charging. Note sure what your max is but its 150kwh on my 2017.

I stopped in last Thursday on my way to get BBQ in Plant City. The Wawa and Starbucks were extremely busy mid-day but the chargers were easy to get in and out of. I did confirm the exit route previously posted by @Nakatomi2010 is available and the best solution if you needed to get back to the interstate imo.

I stopped in last Thursday on my way to get BBQ in Plant City. The Wawa and Starbucks were extremely busy mid-day but the chargers were easy to get in and out of. I did confirm the exit route previously posted by @Nakatomi2010 is available and the best solution if you needed to get back to the interstate imo.
Glad to hear this path: worked out.

It's a GREAT place for a charger, it just sucks if you're trying to jump back on the interstate. The whole area needs to be reworked to be honest.

The EU pilot program they're doing should be viewed as our guide:

How much does charging cost for Non-Tesla vehicles?
Pricing for Non-Tesla drivers reflects additional costs incurred to support charging a broad range of vehicles and adjustments to our sites to accommodate these vehicles. Rates vary by site, and you can view charging prices in the Tesla app. The per kWh price to charge can be lowered with a charging membership.

But basically they'll get a higher price, which can be lowered through a membership.

Same as the Electrify America model.