Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just the other day when we were all together for the Supercharger inauguration there were only two of about a dozen Model S around. Larry had asked us locals t be considerate We were.

Hi JC,

Yes, although we probably had around 20 Model Ss in attendance, when I arrived a half hour before our event I was pleasantly surprised to see only two cars charging and several parked nearby.

Larry

Only time I've seen it full
IMG_20160625_194956.jpg
IMG_20160625_195008.jpg

I am now at Plantation Supercharger at 12:30 on a Friday. All the stalls are occupied, four cars waiting. Only one stall seems to be changing, the other cars are empty with cold charging cables. These people are Mountain View class rude! Where are the fees when we need them?

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Update: everyone left within about 45 minutes. Among those who did NOT abuse the system were visitors from Delaware, Quebec, Indiana, Pennsylvania and a couple from Florida. Only a group of four Floridians seemed to leave their cars long after charging stopped. Anyway, everyone else was very courteous.
Unusual stuff for Plantation.

There was zero indication of usage on my nav. I guess I have not yet had the upgrade.

Problem with that location, there's no good eateries in less than a 3 minute walk (oh no!), making it not easy to check your car status.
BUT, any Tesla owner with half a brain uses their app!!!!
This is the video you refer to

You can open the frunk on a Tesla Model X with just a screwdriver

at about 11:27
Maybe they are not 5-star dining, but there are several decent places to eat just a short walking distance away. Chili's, Toojay's, Carrabba's, Duffy's and others.

As you say, with your app you really don't need to be a 3-minute walk away to know the status of your charge.

This is precisely the situation that Tesla's Idle fee is designed to address. At 40 cents a minute I think that this inconsiderate behavior will be quickly rectified.

To repeat, Steve was just kidding about the frunk deal.

Larry

Maybe they are not 5-star dining, but there are several decent places to eat just a short walking distance away. Chili's, Toojay's, Carrabba's, Duffy's and others.

As you say, with your app you really don't need to be a 3-minute walk away to know the status of your charge.

This is precisely the situation that Tesla's Idle fee is designed to address. At 40 cents a minute I think that this inconsiderate behavior will be quickly rectified.

To repeat, Steve was just kidding about the frunk deal.

Larry
Please don't forget Kiko's. Really very good Thai, but I cannot speak to their Japanese options. It's only a three minute walk from the Superchargers.

FWIW, the Supercharger usage data now works.

the number of stalls need to be increased from 8 to 16 pretty soon. In 2018 I charged at Plantation multiple times and all stalls were busy and several cars waiting. Perhaps the situation might get better when Aventura Mall is open but until then, it is pretty frustrating at Plantation.

Reactions: davidc18
http://supercharge.info doesn't have a category for "upgrade in progress" so you won't see any changes on the site until the new stalls are live (or if the current stalls are *all* out of service, it can be set to "temporarily closed")
However, in several cases, most recently in Miami the two Supercharger installations at Brickell City Center have completely separate entries, perhaps because they are most commonly entered from different streets, although they are in the same building and both are located in the same underground garage. For some time, Tesla did show a separate additional Supercharger for Plantation. They recently dropped that one and added Riverside Park. Maybe that is why Plantation is adding another group of stations at the current Plantation location.

There is enough activity all around North America that we seem to find sudden changes and additions happening in Canada, US and Mexico. These are certainly First World BEV problems, aren't they?:D