Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I just heard a news story about this explosion and they even mentioned a Tesla driver who was about to charge his car and ended up taking cover under his car and claimed he might have died had he not taken cover so presumably the car was fairly damaged. I looked in the Nav and this supercharger is listed as a "Temporary Closure."

After watching the video, I believe the guy they interview there is a Tesla owner because he says just what they said about the Tesla owner on ABC News radio.

Also, at the 1:15 mark you can see the tops of the bollards of the supercharger across the street in the lower part of the screen, slightly left of center. You can very briefly see them again at the 1:34 mark, this time center left.

027DAC4F-41FA-4DE8-860B-2E86029EBEB5.jpeg

Someone on Facebook (Erik Atl) posted this amazing photo and CNN posted this:

Explosion reported at Florida shopping center - CNN Video

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I am anxiously awaiting the inevitable story on some premium website like Seeking Alpha establishing that the cause of the explosion was a Tesla or the site’s Superchargers.

Absolutely not. The cause was a gas (for cooking) explosion in a building across the street. Terrible that this happened, and I hope the injured recover fully soon. This is also not the first time I've seen cooking / heating gas lines destroy buildings accidentally.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP