Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plattsburgh NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If so, then that would be pretty weak reason for the blue dot, especially because I believe the LinkedIn post didn't mention anything about a permit for that location. Have the blue dots ever been wrong?

Superchare.info sources its data via emails from Tesla enthusiasts that find evidence that Tesla is seeking a permit or has begun construction on a site. It is not affiliated with Tesla Motors Corp. Have they been wrong, well there are situations were the permit was sought but not obtained and site was presumably abandoned. Doesn't mean it was wrong. Just look at Rivière du Loup, QC permit. It's been in this status for almost 1 year.

If so, then that would be pretty weak reason for the blue dot, especially because I believe the LinkedIn post didn't mention anything about a permit for that location. Have the blue dots ever been wrong?

The "Permit" blue dot more broadly means that Tesla is working on a supercharger at a specific site but it's not under construction yet. It could be in the design phase or permitting process. Rarely the process goes awry before a site gets built (like the first attempt in Allentown PA) and a blue dot will subsequently disappear. The Plattsburgh location got a blue dot because the other two sites mentioned at the LinkedIn page turned out to be accurate.

There are blue dots that haven't turned into Superchargers.

Note that although the status is called Permit, it's really anything from location identified, through the approval and permitting stage, to just before construction has begun.

(I was the person who found and posted the LinkedIn information.)

The rumor mill in Plattsburgh is that this construction spot at the North-east corner of the Champlain Center Mall (near food court entrance) is the upcoming Tesla Supercharger.

Attachments

• 13043639_10156835389940554_2329241948255127070_n (1).jpg
    13043639_10156835389940554_2329241948255127070_n (1).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 139
What is the big plastic-wrapped thing in the middle of the picture?

They look like distribution centers. It kind of looks like there might be a couple pedestal frames behind them and to the right. It looks like there is a transformer in back between the mini-excavator and the porta-potties. Hopefully someone from TMC will pass through soon and post an obsessive amount of pictures.

I checked the service maps and NYSEG is responsible for this area. I would have preferred National Grid, because they powered on the Albany and Utica (and maybe Syracuse too) sites fairly quickly, whereas NYSEG covers the Buffalo area where the Supercharger site took months to be connected to the network

Hopefully Tesla just paid the nyseg people who needed to be paid on this one. You can have principles and wait and wait... Or just pay.

That said the North country is friendlier than western ny... I think it'll get done much more quickly than buffalo.