Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Playa Vista, CA - West Jefferson Blvd. (LIVE 6 Nov 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is under construction in Playa Vista. I found a permit for the installation of 14 Urban Superchargers on the 3rd floor of the Whole Foods (paid) parking lot at 12746 W Jefferson Blvd. The permit already being issued, I was able to get @zackmilo to check it out and he was able to confirm construction has started. Will add on Supercharge Info!

Zack on Twitter

FD7E3E79-7A13-4A44-9123-20998D3F276A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you're fast! I was just going to start this thread!!! Good job!

Why Urban though? Seems odd given that there have been almost no new Urban sites developed over the past year, with very rare exceptions. Those may have been permitted long before 250 kW became available.

Damn you're fast! I was just going to start this thread!!! Good job!

Why Urban though? Seems odd given that there have been almost no new Urban sites developed over the past year, with very rare exceptions. Those may have been permitted long before 250 kW became available.
I live a few miles away, and while I want them all to be V3, this makes sense to me as a Urban Charger. Playa Vista is not a major shopping center, it’s more of a mixed use tech/housing hub. 72Kw is plenty for someone who is popping in to Whole Foods, or catching a movie, or getting dinner from a restaurant. And it appears that more V3 locations are coming to the area soon.

Cheaper, you can get double the chargers for the same size switchgear and grid hardware. Also demand fees from the utility would be lower. Also as others mentioned i think this is a great location for charge + shop and not really an ideal place to stop on a roadtrip.

Faster charging is great for us, but definitely comes at a cost on Tesla's side and i think this is good enough, we've been spoiled with those V3 chargers :D

I think this is a solid location with plenty to do in the area. The chargers are located on the third floor and I was able to charge at the expected rates for my SoC and urban chargers. Parking rates are only $1 for the first hour which is extremely reasonable, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, just about every store will validate for you. CVS validated my ticket without making a purchase although YMMV.

Attachments

• 20201113_103333.jpg
    20201113_103333.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: 4SUPER9