TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Pleasant Prairie, WI

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by JClu, Mar 5, 2017.

1. JClu

JClu Member

Today we stopped by and charged at the Pleasant Prairie SC on the way home. It was a very pleasant experience, and I thought this SC location deserves its own dedicated thread.

It's located off I-41/94 at the Pleasant Prairie outlet mall. The SCs are physically across from the Double Tree hotel parking lot. It appears to be a pretty busy outlet mall (Welcome To Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets® - A Shopping Center In Pleasant Prairie, WI - A Simon Property). We arrived around 3:40 PM on the Sunday afternoon. There are 8 SCs. When we first arrived, there were 2 other Teslas charging, and one SC (1A) was ICEd. I took the 1B SC. As you can see below, the fastest charge rate reached nearly 110 kW.
    Screenshot_20170305-155417.png

Within about half an hour, we were the only Tesla left charging. It took about an hour and 15 minutes for our MS 90D to charge from 6% to 98%, which I'm pretty impressed by.

• Informative x 1
  2. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

Yikes, I was there today and only getting 30-34 kW. Was the only car there.

3. JClu

JClu Member

What was the SOC when you first arrived? Had you been driving for a while before arrival (i.e. was the battery cold)? Did you try a different stall?

4. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

SOC was around 70%. I was headed to Milwaukee and then driving back to Chicago late so wanted to be sure I didn't have to charge on my way back through around 12:30 am.

Battery was not cold. I had warmed it up while plugged in in my garage and had been driving for around an hour.

No one else was plugged in and I tried two different stalls.

5. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

I should note that I'm headed back to Milwaukee tomorrow and will be stopping to charge again. So, will report back.

6. Sully's8

Sully's8 Member

I live close to that one in Suburban Chicago (Northbrook).. . Well positioned for folks going up to and from Door County or Lake Geneva. . . Right across from Nike store in the outlet mall. But relatively close to the HIghland Park Service Center, so somewhat redundant. That mall is always a mess too. Must make a fortune. I pick up my car tomorrow! Yay!