Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plymouth, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was ideal except that the door-lock card reader at the end of the hall toward the superchargers is not working. Plymouth has several fast food restaurants and a Golden Skillet that I don't know how to classify. Fine dining will require a trip of about an hour, north, east or west, so plan according to your desires. The Plymouth Subway was fine, and the Holiday Inn Express breakfast was nicely served and quite good.

scoots

Thanks for posting this. We have reservations here on our way to Corolla later this summer.

The week before the Memorial Day weekend, I took my 85 to the always wonderful Raleigh Service Center to get the shield/deflectors mod, which only takes about half an hour, by the way. While in NC, I decided to drive out to Kitty Hawk, so I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth, NC. I asked the daytime desk clerk if they had many Teslas coming by. She said she had never seen a Tesla, "perhaps they come by at night." She came over to the front door and pronounced mine a "great looking car."

Since there were eight stalls and apparently very few Teslas, I left my car backed into a stall overnight. After a very pleasant night,
we awoke to find that the parking spaces opposite the supercharger stalls occupied by four vehicles belonging to State Troopers. Apparently this is their assembly area, where they can walk over to Bojangles to get their morning coffee. The four troopers were examining the superchargers and my car. So I walked out. None of them knew what a Tesla was. One said he had never noticed the charging stalls before seeing my car plugged into one. I gave them as good a sales pitch as I could and answered questions about range, whether other EVs could charge there, etc. I showed them the frunk and the trunk and the footwell for the rear-facing seat option, and of course the big screen. Hopefully I gave them a reasonably positive impression of both the car and Tesla owners.

It occurred to me after they left, that these guys are probably more likely than anyone else in the US to encounter a Tesla floating in saltwater. And they did not know what a Tesla was. I don't know what to do with a floating Tesla either.

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was ideal except that the door-lock card reader at the end of the hall toward the superchargers is not working. Plymouth has several fast food restaurants and a Golden Skillet that I don't know how to classify. Fine dining will require a trip of about an hour, north, east or west, so plan according to your desires. The Plymouth Subway was fine, and the Holiday Inn Express breakfast was nicely served and quite good.

scoots

Glad to hear you had an overall good trip!

We made a trip to Plymouth with the idea of going out to Kitty Hawk this weekend (1-2 Nov). I miscalculated the distance to the KH national memorial, though, and we didn't put in enough charge for the full round trip. It didn't help that the wind was blowing like stink out of the northeast and it was pretty stormy with misty rain as well. So we settled for a trip to Roanoke Is. and had dinner there at Blue Moon Cafe ("get mooned at the...") in Manteo, where we also found a kite shop that sold us a kite shaped like the Wright Flyer! So we got we got at least a taste of Kitty Hawk.

The Plymouth supercharger is certainly a strange one! We did see another model S there, but we're surprised to do so in the off season. It's kind of cool that one can charge there while staying at the Holiday Inn, but we'd have appreciated some destination charging out on the banks; would have made it a lot easier to explore out there...

Had the occasion to visit this supercharger again (twice in one day!) on an unscheduled 410mile round trip from vacation in Nags Head to Raleigh service to fix a dead MCU/center touchscreen. I think this is one of the least used SCs in the US and it shows. Check out the jungle of vines!

Attachments

• IMG_8256.JPG
    IMG_8256.JPG
    535.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8257.JPG
    IMG_8257.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8258.JPG
    IMG_8258.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 83
Watch out, there's a speed trap on the way to this charger. I was going about 15 miles above the speed limit (I know, bad me) and got a ticket. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the slurry of mailing from NC lawyers trying to make a buck after they saw a court notice. I got seven pieces of mail in a single day!

Watch out, there's a speed trap on the way to this charger. I was going about 15 miles above the speed limit (I know, bad me) and got a ticket. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the slurry of mailing from NC lawyers trying to make a buck after they saw a court notice. I got seven pieces of mail in a single day!

NC Law Enforcement "loves" speeding New Yorkers....

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
My son and some of his college suite mates took my Model Y to visit another friend in Edenton, NC this past weekend, and they stopped on the way back to charge at the Plymouth supercharger.

It was half full when he arrived, so he had to share a cabinet for a while. Then, another car left and he moved to get faster charging speed.

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.16.59 PM.png

Reactions: DavidAsheville