Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pointe-Claire QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Saw this while searching through PlugShare. Great news!
IMG_4623.PNG

• Love
Reactions: Knox
Oops. Emailed the owner and asked if he has seen de quoi here. Gets back to me and tells me that good sources tell him that there will be a Supercharger at Fairview but we don't know when they'll start
IMG_4626.jpg
I wonder which other sources out there know about this Supercharger, but one thing's for sure, if it was us, we have duped ourselves WooHoo! -- Since the construction hasn't yet started, @BlueShift should put it under Permit Status.

There’s a SC slated for Mascouche and Terrebonne, Anjou would make no sense.
I think the reason for the Pointe Claire SC is that it will serve the West Island where most Montreal Tesla owners live. A lot of condo owners too.
This could also be for plan B for the West Island as the future of the Place Vertu Shopping mall is still up in the air as to its longevity. It is an old, outdated and decrepit mall that has seen its best before date years ago. I don’t know why Tesla used it for its SC’s. I think they have now realized their mistake.

I don't think so. Place Vertu is the closest mall to my house. We always go there and I think that the location is ideal, near the highway. However, most people don't like it because it "only" charges at a max of 90 kW, but with 12 almost never used chargers, it's fine. By the way, here there are a lot of houses and not many condos. I think I will have to disagree with you Drone, like I always do.

I don't think so. Place Vertu is the closest mall to my house. We always go there and I think that the location is ideal, near the highway. However, most people don't like it because it "only" charges at a max of 90 kW, but with 12 almost never used chargers, it's fine. By the way, here there are a lot of houses and not many condos. I think I will have to disagree with you Drone, like I always do.
The West Island has homes and condos.
Place Vertu is an old 70’s style mall that people hate to go to now. This is why I think Pointe Claire Fairview will be the place to find people charging shortly.

Place Vertu is an old 70’s style mall that people hate to go to now. This is why I think Pointe Claire Fairview will be the place to find people charging shortly.

I live close to Place Vertu and go there frequently. The mall had a rough patch over the last 10 years, but has undergone quite a bit of renovation, and it is often very busy (at least 2/3 of it, not sure what will happen with the huge space left vacant by Sears going bankrupt).

Irrespective of the fact I almost never use the SC there, I find it easier to drive to than Fairview (where the massive parking lot seems perpetually surrounded by gridlock and long traffic lights).

I don't see a problem with having both sites online.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
There is nothing here... yet. Only saw a rare GLE 550 e but still. I would suggest the Superchargers be built either in front of The Bay, near the highway or in the ginormous, but empty Sears parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq