Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pooler, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Buddyroe on finally getting to ring that bell :) I lifted the key image from your photos, showing power flowing.

Everybody, check your nav screens before relying on this site!
You know someone is a true OG when they go to an upcoming supercharger site to check if it’s open with just 5 miles of range left and a backup plan to charge down the street via Chademo (I presume).

You know someone is a true OG when they go to an upcoming supercharger site to check if it’s open with just 5 miles of range left and a backup plan to charge down the street via Chademo (I presume).
Actually there is another Supercharger site just a couple of miles away.;)

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 7.32.08 AM.png

Looks like 7.8 miles away. Regardless how he drives, he would have hit zero if that were his backup plan. Most Teslas would probably make it though.

Actually, the story is a little simpler. We were headed back home from a trip. I had planned to stop at Hardeeville, SC to add a few miles (only needed 10 miles to make it home). But, I decided to call the Parker's and see if the chargers were on. They ensured me they were. But, I made a backup plan - a j1772 about a mile down the road. Since I only live 10 miles from that exit, I could get the 10 miles in about 20 minutes. However, I was happy to find the Supercharger station working (to be the first, and to avoid sitting in a hospital parking lot for 20 minutes).

On what basis are you saying this? (and posted in all three Pooler sites!) These do not appear as NACS capable (activated) in the Tesla system, and there are zero reports of NACS sessions at any of these three sites (in Plugshare). FYI, just because you see Magic Dock hardware does not mean it's activated.
IMG_3277.png

All 3 Pooler sites show as NACS compatible on Tesla’s Find Us map. Magic Dock is completely different from NACS compatibility. Magic Dock has a CCS adapter built into each stall. NACS compatible just “speaks” CCS protocol and requires an adapter provided by the user, or a 2025 or newer car with a J3400 charge port. There is nothing visible on the stall that shows NACS compatibility, it looks like any existing Tesla Supercharger.

Yeah, sorry! While rapidly catching up with developments for the first time in five days, I completely brainfarted and read PStewart's report of "now open to NACS" as "now open to CCS / non_Tesla". These three Pooler sites have been open for months / years and I thought he was reporting something new, and that overrode my brain's processing of the acronyms! (Also, I'm a grouch who has trouble adapting to the presumptious NACS name.) Man, this had me so confused, but I couldn't figure how I was reading it wrong ... As Gilda Radner said, "nevermind" :)

An additional twist is that Plugshare has these same three Pooler sites listed as "open to non-Tesla", which is wrong, but I'm going to just drop that and let someone else fix it ...

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry! While rapidly catching up with developments for the first time in five days, I completely brainfarted and read PStewart's report of "now open to NACS" as "now open to CCS / non_Tesla". These three Pooler sites have been open for months / years and I thought he was reporting something new, and that overrode my brain's processing of the acronyms! (Also, I'm a grouch who has trouble adapting to the presumptious NACS name.) Man, this had me so confused, but I couldn't figure how I was reading it wrong ... As Gilda Radner said, "nevermind" :)

An additional twist is that Plugshare has these same three Pooler sites listed as "open to non-Tesla", which is wrong, but I'm going to just drop that and let someone else fix it ...
NACS is open to non-Tesla. Ford and Rivian are the first 2 manufacturers, and they are starting to ship adapters to their customers.

Tesla - Supercharging Other EVs Here is Tesla’s FAQ page all about NACS compatibility and non-Teslas using the Supercharger network.

• Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson