Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Huron, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used this charger for the first time this Friday on my way to the Midwest Tesla gathering at the Michigan International Speedway this weekend. I've been looking forward to having food and drinks at Freighters while my car is charging.

I was a bit concerned when I pressed on the charger location while driving on Friday and it indicated that "2 of 8 chargers are available".
When I arrived at the charger a few minutes later, it was completely empty!

On my way home today, the same thing happened; "2 of 8 are available". But when I arrived, all 8 were empty.
This is disturbing for two reasons:
1) having 6 stalls occupied could mean that I'd be charging at half the maximum rate indicated (120Kw).
2) If Tesla thinks that over 50% of the stalls are occupied, I could incur idle fees if my charging stops while I'm still enjoying my meal. And there's no way to check charger availability when I'm not in the car.

I've owned my 85D for over 3 years and rarely use superchargers, just when on long road trips. Is this a known issue that stalls in use are incorrectly reported, or only at this location? I've also seen this once while charging in Barrie at the original 8-stall charging location

I used this charger for the first time this Friday on my way to the Midwest Tesla gathering at the Michigan International Speedway this weekend. I've been looking forward to having food and drinks at Freighters while my car is charging.

I was a bit concerned when I pressed on the charger location while driving on Friday and it indicated that "2 of 8 chargers are available".

On my way home today, the same thing happened; "2 of 8 are available". But when I arrived, all 8 were empty.
1) having 6 stalls occupied could mean that I'd be charging at half the maximum rate indicated (120Kw).
2) If Tesla thinks that over 50% of the stalls are occupied, I could incur idle fees if my charging stops while I'm still enjoying my meal. And there's no way to check charger availability when I'm not in the car.

I've owned my 85D for over 3 years and rarely use superchargers, just when on long road trips. Is this a known issue that stalls in use are incorrectly reported, or only at this location? I've also seen this once while charging in Barrie at the original 8-stall charging location

We used this charger on July 4th and our Tesla app also indicated “2 of 8 are available”. When we arrived only one Tesla was charging. Looks like this may be an ongoing problem at this location.

Known issue all over the place. I think I've read about this problem on this forum about 5 times today already.