Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Orange, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure just what "ready to check out this weekend" means or where that puts the Grand Opening on the calendar. I wasn't able to make it to the Fort Myers or Port St Lucie events and really hope to make it to this one.

I've got a friend in that area who is going to swing by tomorrow and take some pictures so we can see what the progress is looking like. Will post them as soon as I've got them.

Bob,

There are indications that this may be ready next week for a ribbon cutting ceremony. To my knowledge Tesla has never had a ceremony on the weekend. If the contractors made this statement it probably merely meant they were ready to do electrical testing over the weekend in preparation to a formal opening ceremony.

If your friend can post some photos that would be very helpful.

Larry

Club member James Reno dropped by this morning. Here are his remarks and photos.

Larry
I dropped by Port Orange today. Talked to the Project Director. Opening will be Tuesday. Next install probably Jacksonville. Not sure where the Orlando SC will be but it will probably come after Jax which will probably be near Riverwalk??
With a rainbow no less!!

Port Orange Superchargers 1.jpg

Port Orange Superchargers 2.jpg

Port Orange Superchargers 3.jpg

Larry

One more picture showing the charge station at right angles to the others. Evidently it is intended as an ADA space but is fairly unusable since the station is at the front of the space and the open area would be on the passenger side. It will not be marked as a handicapped space. Thanks to Larry for posting the other pics, it was difficult for me to do while on the road.

image.jpg

Thanks again James for the photo.

A few minutes ago I received the official notice from Tesla.

The opening ceremony will be on Wednesday, September 18th at 10:00am.

5302 South Williamson Blvd
Port Orange, Florida 32128
(At the Pavillion)

Larry

PS I don't think the above address will take you to the correct location on Google maps. I believe my directions in posting #56 are more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ribbon-cutting and other events any the Port Orange SC are going on as I write this in Chicago. Rather disappointed that I am not able to return to FL in time to attend, so I (and others, I'm sure) would appreciate a nice summary of the event especially if with pictures. Thanks.