Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port St. Lucie, FL - Fort Pierce Service Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found a bit of an oddball permit on Osceola county’s permit search database: an entry for Tesla @ Ft. Pierce Service Plaza. I could only assume that this would be for the Supercharger, but so many things strike me as odd;
1- the address (no idea what the heck it is supposed to point to)
2- there is no further description than what’s in the photo
3- though the permit was filed with Osceola County, Fort Pierce isn’t even in the county!

It’s definitely not early enough for any blue dot but I’ll be keeping an eye out to see if anything comes of it.

E27341BF-A758-4298-A5B3-E8E6E8E6E6CD.jpeg

Moderators Note:

I believe that this may be a location for a future Supercharger Station, but the permit information is so contradictory that I have placed a question mark on the thread title to signify that this is still speculative at this time.

I continue to look for a permit application for the Port Saint Lucie – Fort Pierce Service Plaza, but so far, I haven't been able to locate one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xkctr8se
Found a bit of an oddball permit on Osceola county’s permit search database: an entry for Tesla @ Ft. Pierce Service Plaza. I could only assume that this would be for the Supercharger, but so many things strike me as odd;
1- the address (no idea what the heck it is supposed to point to)
2- there is no further description than what’s in the photo
3- though the permit was filed with Osceola County, Fort Pierce isn’t even in the county!

It’s definitely not early enough for any blue dot but I’ll be keeping an eye out to see if anything comes of it.
Thanks again Marco for your eagle-eye.

Yes, this is a very weird designation. The Port St. Lucie - Fort Pierce Service Plaza is at milepost 145. The Canoe Creek Service Plaza is at milepost 230. There are no Service Plazas located at milepost 199 in Kenansville.

If I were Tesla and I wanted to locate a Supercharger near Fort Pierce, before I put one at the plaza, I'd pick a spot near the intersection of the Turnpike and I-95. Maybe the Wawa at 5575 Okeechobee Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34947?

Larry

Osceola can’t issue a permit in another counnty, so I double checked and it is good news: 16 v3 SuC at Canoe Creek Service Plaza!

Project Description:

COMM-New TESLA FT. PIERCE SERVICE PLAZA
Tesla Supercharger station at the Canoe Creek Service Plaza located at Mile Post 229, Florida's Turnpike, St Cloud, FL 34769 (Parcel ID : 3627-3000-0000-4A0000) We are collaborating with FDOT. Tesla will INSTALL (4) V3 SUPERCHARGER CABINETS, (16) V3 CHARGING POSTS, (1) SWITCHGEAR ASSEMBLY WITH INTEGRATED MASTER CONTROLLER and (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER.

Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Moderators Note:

I believe that this may be a location for a future Supercharger Station, but the permit information is so contradictory that I have placed a question mark on the thread title to signify that this is still speculative at this time.

I continue to look for a permit application for the Port Saint Lucie – Fort Pierce Service Plaza, but so far, I haven't been able to locate one.

The Port St. Lucie - Fort Pierce Service Plaza is located in Port St. Lucie.

Below is a screenshot of the City of Port St. Lucie's Property Search. You will note that it brings up the service center location. 144 MM FL TPK. Mile marker 144 Florida Turnpike.

Port St Lucie Ft Pierce Property search.jpg

When you click on the Property key to view all permits , you get the following, which show no permits outstanding:

Port St Lucie Ft Pierce Service Plaza Permits.jpg

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Thanks again Marco for your eagle-eye.

Yes, this is a very weird designation. The Port St. Lucie - Fort Pierce Service Plaza is at milepost 145. The Canoe Creek Service Plaza is at milepost 230. There are no Service Plazas located at milepost 199 in Kenansville.

If I were Tesla and I wanted to locate a Supercharger near Fort Pierce, before I put one at the plaza, I'd pick a spot near the intersection of the Turnpike and I-95. Maybe the Wawa at 5575 Okeechobee Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34947?

Larry
You know that a Supercharger opened at this Wawa on Okeechobee Rd in Fort Pierce this past week. Came onto TMC to see if there was any mention of it

Port St. Lucie - Ft. Pierce, FL

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: FL-FTP

FL-FTP

To: Fort Drum, FL - 40 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Canoe Creek, FL - 85.3 miles

Yet another splitter. Splits the largest gap on Florida's Turnpike (FL-91) of 104.9 miles from Delray Beach, FL to Fort Drum, FL. When open the largest gap will be 65.2 miles from this Supercharger to Fort Drum, FL.