Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port St. Lucie, FL - Fort Pierce Service Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally possible but I have no idea how they'd charge you for the tolls.
Tolls are now electronic on the tollway, not the entry / exit points on most if not all the Tpk. Check out all those overhead readers with the strobes as you pass underneath. You may get on and off without paying a cent or depending on your entry/exit, get charged 2x. The plazas south of Orlando and north of Orlando are gone. You get zapped every few miles.

Reactions: Bobbo8
Tolls are now electronic on the tollway, not the entry / exit points on most if not all the Tpk. Check out all those overhead readers with the strobes as you pass underneath. You may get on and off without paying a cent or depending on your entry/exit, get charged 2x. The plazas south of Orlando and north of Orlando are gone. You get zapped every few miles.
Yes I am aware and that is why I have no idea how you'll be charged for the tolls. Like you said, maybe no charge, maybe charged 2x.... Who knows?

I am not a Floridian but I took my second trip on the turnpike this Christmas. This is probably no surprise to the locals, but the service plaza was incredibly busy on Christmas, with gas cars taking every possible spot in the plaza, plus stacked 4 deep in the reserved truck parking. I charged while my wife was inside waiting on her food. Fortunately, I was able to use the reserved EV parking after charging, otherwise I would have had to circle the lot like everybody else.

There were several open chargers when I arrived, but when I departed, all were full with one car waiting.