Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portage la Prairie MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why PlugShare shows a lot of PetroCanada fast chargers "coming soon" but none of the Tesla superchargers already under construction.
Because Tesla has specifically asked Plugshare to remove all user added locations for superchargers before they are officially open. Once a location is officially operational it will be added to Plugshare.

Because Tesla has specifically asked Plugshare to remove all user added locations for superchargers before they are officially open. Once a location is officially operational it will be added to Plugshare.
Right, and similar rules for some of the other networks... for example, ChargePoint, Blink, ...

PlugShare gets info on all (?) network chargers from the appropriate companies. If there is an error for a site for example, PlugShare has to pass the info on to the vendor and get their version of the corrected info back. I've gone through this with some ChargePoint pedestals.

Newest update for Portage. Photo from PlugShare by user Ky
6A7C5723-D16E-47DA-9DF5-9EADB64E65AC.jpeg

Just visited Portage La Prairie and Winnipeg sites today. First is Portage - did not notice any cables or a ground mounted transformer. Second is Winnipeg just north of Polo Park. Guessing there is a bit more concrete to pour. When I spoke to one of the crew in Brandon, he said they had a non-disclosure agreement so couldn't say anything. I guess the big question is "when will the equipment be installed?"
Portage.jpg
Winnipeg.jpg

Just visited Portage La Prairie and Winnipeg sites today. First is Portage - did not notice any cables or a ground mounted transformer. Second is Winnipeg just north of Polo Park. Guessing there is a bit more concrete to pour. When I spoke to one of the crew in Brandon, he said they had a non-disclosure agreement so couldn't say anything. I guess the big question is "when will the equipment be installed?"View attachment 436384 View attachment 436385

I don't think that second photo is a supercharger setup, it looks to be a building under construction.

View attachment 436865 I'm thinking it will be a roof with Solar Cells or possibly a sales or service office - That would be great.
But, on the other hand, I may be totally wrong as the other sites do have a very different layout of the pipes.
That doesn't look like a Super Charger site. No conduit. No transformer pads. And Tesla doesn't build new sales and service centres - they use old buildings. Sadly that looks more likely to be a Tim Horton's.

Or, more correctly, don't post alleged Winnipeg site info in the Portage la Prairie forum.

However, I'm not convinced that has anything to do with Tesla, and probably doesn't belong in the Winnipeg forum either.
True, but either way, there was already a permit for Polo Park, so I guess if what we’re seeing isn’t a Supercharger build, we will be seeing it soon.

See the comment in the Deep River(?) section where it appears Ontario Hydro is what they are waiting for... difference between crown corporation and privatized monopoly.
Well, it will be Hydro One, not Ontario Hydro. Also Hydro One's "culture" was included in the spin-off. We waited over 3 months to get a 50KVA pad mount transformer from Ontario Hydro when we built our riding arena (prior to them going private). They have always been inefficient, public or private.

• Informative
Reactions: darkenergy