Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a little slowing in the opening rate since the middle of the year supercharge.info worse in Europe than the US.
We are only thinking about these things because there are a cluster of site near-completions with a gap before pedestal installations. Learning for Tesla is to not start construction until all the parts are available to avoid setting unreasonable expectations.

Visited the Portland site. Almost ready but needs pedestals. Raining so not a decent photo
93E9B1A1-CD8C-4B7F-9BAD-CBFC4B0EE043.jpeg

We finished a 6,200 mile trip from Bijou, Colorado to Prince Edward Island and Quebec City and return vía Detroit in September and saw many unfinished SpC Stations. Have no actual knowledge of WHY, but doing all the excavation and concrete work in the northern part of the continent in the summer makes a whole lot of sense, and it was fun to see the Pedestal work move so quickly in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick as we drove through.
The relocation of Pedestal Assembly to GF2 is a plausible reason for the delays as well. We have hit 155 different SpCs across the land in 120,000 miles of Tesla touring (3 years) and are delighted to see each new one come on line.
Driving across I-80 westbound on our return, we saw a new truck load of Teslas heading east about once an hour. We love our S and both 3s and it is such a pleasure to have hit 35 states and 4 Canadian Provinces and look forward to many more great Tesla trips
We spent the last day of September at the Denver Tesla Delivery Center helping orient about 100 NEW Tesla owners to their vehicles. Lots of new “family” members to enjoy the network.

Hey there @WFrank if you're keeping track of all the Superchargers that you've used, then you may want to check out this thread...

Superchargers Visited

Many of us there enjoying the same thing... keep grinning.
Beat me to it :cool:

@WFrank - if you do join up, approximate dates for your 155 respective first visits are helpful given our new data structure. Remember you heard it from me first.

not sure why my comment was funny. pedestals are just about the last step.
I think people meant to laugh at the comment you quoted (which also got several laughs on that post itself) where the worker was making out the Supercharger programming to be so time consuming. As we've seen at other area Superchargers, once the hardware shows up, commissioning takes only a few days at most.