Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to borrow a car from benevolent @Half Dollar Bill while staying at his B&B in Freeport and bop down to Portland just for my own curiosity (and to visit Portland Head Lighthouse) but still no power.

@PLUS EV, it's nothing like your pic at West Quoddy Head but I'll take what I can get.

IMG_20191012_163907__01-693x520.jpg

IMG_20191012_161441-691x326.jpg

So now that it's open......
I was an "unofficial" supercharger ambassador in VA. By that I mean I had a bag full of scissors and a bunch of ribbon and any time a new one went live in the area we'd pick a date and time and have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Then we maybe pick a local spot and go get lunch and gab for an hour or so. We'd publish the pictures back to this thread.
Any interest here?
Realize that any date/time is not going to be good for everyone interested so we just try to find the most common denominator.
Reply back and we'll get the conversation going.

So now that it's open......
I was an "unofficial" supercharger ambassador in VA. By that I mean I had a bag full of scissors and a bunch of ribbon and any time a new one went live in the area we'd pick a date and time and have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Then we maybe pick a local spot and go get lunch and gab for an hour or so. We'd publish the pictures back to this thread.
Any interest here?
Realize that any date/time is not going to be good for everyone interested so we just try to find the most common denominator.
Reply back and we'll get the conversation going.
Not sure when you want to do this, but with power out at my house. I'm headed there now.

• Funny
Reactions: Darren S
I was at 46%. Getting consistently 50kw charging with no one else here.

Tesla system hasn't updated map info yet.
It's possible you're battery was probably not warm enough to charge at a higher rate given you appear to be close. Also, since Portland isn't on the nav yet, the car didn't know to do the supercharging pre-warming prior to arrival either. I was getting 89kW last night when I pulled in with a 50% SoC.

Newly commissioned sites can sometimes take anywhere from a day to sometimes a few weeks to show up on the nav (not sure why).

It was totally live yesterday (Saturday the 19th). We noticed it had a live icon on the car’s screen when we left RI for our trip to Maine. I’ve attached a photo of us plugged in and a screenshot of the charging rate. The Hannaford is a nice one, with bathrooms at the front of the store, so not too far a walk while charging. We were the first to charge here at full power? We didn’t see anyone else while we were there.
387A7A17-93BC-4204-9404-2C6BE373CA3F.jpeg
EF12FB7B-D80E-43D8-95A2-272D7B556BA7.jpeg