Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing against Hannaford and indeed get some provisions there but not much worthwhile in the immediate vicinity. I have been toying with getting an electric scooter for road trips in order to explore a
wider range while charging.

As this will be a fairly regular SC for me, I just ordered a scooter to keep in the trunk. It will be trivial to zip over to TJ, CBD, WF, Austin, Bunker and other likely errands while getting a charge. I hope a cafe with wifi pops up in easy walking distance too.

Yeah but I’ll never see the faster charging speed in my 2016 model S. Often need at least 40 minutes and if low and want to top off, longer still. In Freeport I’ll walk over to Bow street for a few groceries or park myself in the cafe at LLB and work for an hour or more. My errand range in Portland while getting a charge will be wider

When on a road it will be nice to have other food options besides Panerra bread and 99 restaurant. I had my bike on a couple long road trips and that was awesome

8/12 stalls are needlessly blocked today, probably due to lack of awareness of a landscaping crew. They just seem to have wanted a private place to park their van and unload the generator for their cordless electric leaf blowers. They were working on an entirely different end of the lot than the Superchargers while I was there (last image).

Of the four stalls where you can park, the two furthest ones are paired (1A & 2A). The two closest ones are paired with blocked stalls. PortlandBlocked1.jpgPortlandBlocked2.jpgPortlandBlock3.jpg

What's the point of having electric leaf blowers if you charge them using a gas-powered generator? Don't they have wall plugs at Hannaford?
Noise. Electric lawn mowers, snow blowers and leaf blowers are much quieter than gas equipment, you don't need hearing protection to use them. They also don't require any maintenance and they start immediately. I'd just have extra batteries, there is no reason to charge them on site especially if it was from a generator which is noisy.

Reactions: RiverBrick
8/12 stalls are needlessly blocked today, probably due to lack of awareness of a landscaping crew. They just seem to have wanted a private place to park their van and unload the generator for their cordless electric leaf blowers. They were working on an entirely different end of the lot than the Superchargers while I was there (last image).

Of the four stalls where you can park, the two furthest ones are paired (1A & 2A). The two closest ones are paired with blocked stalls.View attachment 809160View attachment 809161View attachment 809162
Once they replace the van with a Cybertruck the generator will no longer be required.

Noise. Electric lawn mowers, snow blowers and leaf blowers are much quieter than gas equipment, you don't need hearing protection to use them. They also don't require any maintenance and they start immediately. I'd just have extra batteries, there is no reason to charge them on site especially if it was from a generator which is noisy.
I agree in general on the upside of electric equipment. That said, I still use hearing protection with my electric string trimmer and would also do so with electric mowers and especially leaf blowers. The other moving parts still create a fair racket and I've come to appreciate just low the possible threshold for hearing damage with loud noise really is.