Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, interesting that it's withdrawn. I wonder if it means they're going to resubmit with a minor change? I still think it's worthy of a blue dot on supercharge.info as there is evidence Tesla is planning the site, and it allows locals to be aware.... but what do others think?

I doubt that Hannaford would install EV chargers that are specific to one car brand. I do know that they have installed chargers at their stores.

Disclaimer: I work at their corporate office but have no insight to their store plans for adding more ev chargers.

I doubt that Hannaford would install EV chargers that are specific to one car brand. I do know that they have installed chargers at their stores.

Disclaimer: I work at their corporate office but have no insight to their store plans for adding more ev chargers.

The current chargers at the various Hannafords in Maine are EVgo CCS/CHAdeMO.

As long as they have parking spaces to spare, I don't see why they would refuse Superchargers, at least once/if the SR arrives. At the current rate, Tesla is easily outselling other DCFC-equipped cars and the competition are all dealing in small numbers.

Rumor alert: I heard EVgo had some kind of non-compete clause in their deal with Hannaford but that was going/went away, reopening the door to Tesla.
If true, that's great. Hannaford's everywhere in Maine.

They could use Ellsworth for Bar Harbor and Augusta Whitten Rd would be more convenient than the current Marketplace Mall location.

Also, they have Skowhegan on the longer map, and there's a Hannaford there on 201.

Last edited:
You can view the entire plan PDF attachment there as well (it is also in the first message here).

@BlueShift The location in supercharger.info is not accurate according to the PDF.

image.png

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: chjch and emupilot
Odds that this is a v3 Supercharger?

This is my final warning. Anybody who asks any variation of the question "Will this be a v3 Supercharger?" from now on is going to get a Disagree. :p

At this point v3 is just beginning, and we are not party to Tesla's roll-out plans. We don't even know if it's really close to being ready to deploy or whether the demo was just done early to stoke Model 3 demand after the mixed reception to the announcement of the SR.

So, please everybody, don't ask, because the answer is that we don't know.

The submitted plans (first post above) are permitted already. They have been in place a while and you can see the technical power details there. If going to v3 I assume they would need to re-submit plans first and get a new permit.

Not to rain on any parades, but there's also a possibility it could end up being an Urban SC. I'll be going past there almost every week once the snow melts, and I'd like a v3, but if you look at coverage in that area, Kennebunk and Freeport are only 42mi apart. Kennebunk and Augusta are only 81 miles apart.

This spot may end up as an Urban.