Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Potsdam, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RTPEV

Mar 21, 2016
Durham, NC
Was quite pleased and surprised to see that the latest Tesla FindUs map includes an entry for Potsdam, NY with Q4 2022 target opening:

1659975345896.png

I would have thought Canton would have been a slightly preferable option, serving Rt 68 traffic from Ogdensburg to the Adirondacks, but hey, a Potsdam Supercharger would be very handy as I travel to Potsdam once a year.

Probably not a lot of options to site the station. I'm thinking Walmart is the most logical site, although maybe the Price Chopper out on Market Street would work too (although not as convenient to service Rt 11 traffic).

Reactions: cusetownusa
Tesla doesn't seem too fond of Walmart. Price Chopper seems more likely to me.
Seems like quite a few new Supercharger sites are located at or adjacent to Walmarts or shopping centers anchored by a Walmart, so Tesla and/or Walmart may be changing their tune a bit.

Not that that is conclusive in any way with respect to Potsdam, but the Price Chopper lot, while having the benefit of a gigantic parking lot that is mostly empty, is really quite a bit out of the way for most travelers.

Working great! One parking spot already iced :). One charger is handicap only also which is nice. Peaked at 258kW
The Laws of New York > Consolidated Laws of New York > CHAPTER 71 > Vehicle & Traffic > TITLE 7 Rules of the Road > ARTICLE 32 Stopping, Standing, and Parking >

SECTION 1202
Stopping, standing or parking prohibited in specified places

§ 1202. Stopping, standing or parking prohibited in specified places.
(a) Except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, or when
in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or official
traffic-control device, no person shall:

1. Stop, stand or park a vehicle:

l. In a space designated as provided in this subparagraph for the
exclusive purpose of charging an electric vehicle at an electric vehicle
charging station, unless such vehicle is an electric vehicle connected
to such charging station.