Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger preconditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a 600mile round trip today on the V11 update (Raven long range model X) and although I set the various super chargers (Edinburgh Newbridge, Tebay, Tebay, Perth) as my navigation destinations not once did I see the “preconditioning for supercharger“ message on screen, whereas in the past it has spent hours preconditioning before arrival. Is it preconditioning behind the scenes or is there no preconditioning taking place?

I also felt that when on Navigation on Autopilot it tended to keep further left in the lane than previously when it tended to centre itself in the lane.

I did a trip on V11 on Monday. It initially tried to send me to Scotch Corner with the destination set to where I was going in Newcastle. I noticed the pre-conditioning come on occasionally. It was also a lot colder on Monday as well. I ignored it and put in Washington SC as the destination and I saw the pre-conditioning again.

It also came on again on the way home after midnight when I stopped at Hartshead Moor West.

I did a trip on V11 on Monday. It initially tried to send me to Scotch Corner with the destination set to where I was going in Newcastle. I noticed the pre-conditioning come on occasionally. It was also a lot colder on Monday as well. I ignored it and put in Washington SC as the destination and I saw the pre-conditioning again.

It also came on again on the way home after midnight when I stopped at Hartshead Moor West.
Where did the message pop up? Was it in the small navigation inset screen, as it used to be, or somewhere else.

I'd imagine it is happening behind the scenes. Did you notice the charging was any slower than normal?
Bearing in mind that the X only charges at supercharger V2 rates (ie max of 150 if you’re lucky) I didn’t notice it being significantly slower. Both on the Newbridge V3 and the Tebay and Perth V2 chargers it started at around 140 almost immediately with no undue ramp up time.

Did a 600mile round trip today on the V11 update (Raven long range model X) and although I set the various super chargers (Edinburgh Newbridge, Tebay, Tebay, Perth) as my navigation destinations not once did I see the “preconditioning for supercharger“ message on screen, whereas in the past it has spent hours preconditioning before arrival. Is it preconditioning behind the scenes or is there no preconditioning taking place?

I also felt that when on Navigation on Autopilot it tended to keep further left in the lane than previously when it tended to centre itself in the lane.
If you're on a long journey, then battery would already be warm, or "pre-conditioned?" Happens to me on longer journeys where PC doesn't come on when navigating to an SC.

Reactions: Tonybvi