Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger price mismatch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So used a supercharger for the first time as a test today. Noticed the price on screen (when I stopped charging) showed as £16.78 for 36kW.
PXL_20221127_111241754.jpg

Price shown before charging was 35p/kWh, so should have been just over £12. Going into my account on website it shows as expected.
Screenshot_20221127-114327.png

Is it normal to have it show wrong on the screen after charging? I was wanting to log these costs as I leave each supercharger, but if it's always showing wrong total cost then I cannot.

Any ideas why wrong?

Brilliant, thank for the info. Sorry I never saw your original post 👍.

Is there an official way to report this "issue" to Tesla to fix?
I don't think that you should waste a moment of your time on a futile mission!
I think they are obviously aware of it as it appears to be noticed by several owners on several different sites and it is probably at the end of a very long "to do" list!

Reactions: TimboUK
So used a supercharger for the first time as a test today. Noticed the price on screen (when I stopped charging) showed as £16.78 for 36kW.
View attachment 878728
Price shown before charging was 35p/kWh, so should have been just over £12. Going into my account on website it shows as expected.
View attachment 878730

Is it normal to have it show wrong on the screen after charging? I was wanting to log these costs as I leave each supercharger, but if it's always showing wrong total cost then I cannot.

Any ideas why wrong?
Not only is the amount different but the date is different ... screen says this was a charge in October.

I had a quick top up at Hartshead Moor yesterday and whilst i didn't bother checking the price because i'm still using up referral miles, the date is clearly wrong as is the time (it was 11.30am) and i was in France on July 23rd.

IMG_3515.jpg

Edit - from my Tesla account
11/26/2022Hartshead Moor, UK - WestboundFree Supercharging£0.00Credits Used
25mi
07/23/2022Calais, FranceFree Supercharging0,00 €Credits Used
101km

Last edited: