Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there somewhere online I can see the pricing for individual supercharger stations? I've read some stations are cheaper during certain hours. I was curious to see what a road trip would cost but I couldn't find anything specific online.

Is there somewhere online I can see the pricing for individual supercharger stations? I've read some stations are cheaper during certain hours. I was curious to see what a road trip would cost but I couldn't find anything specific online.
Not really. The only place prices for specific superchargers is listed is in the navigation system in the car when you select a given location.

I figured that was the case. I wondered if I was missing something because I kept seeing references to the price posted on the Tesla website.
Tesla's Support page on supercharging used to list information about the actual prices, but it no longer does so. At one time, the prices for supercharging in the US were set at the state level and all locations in that state would bill at the same rate. During that period, the page did list the rates on a state-by-state basis so you could see exactly what it would cost to charge at any given location (provided you knew which state it was in). Later, Tesla switched to a location-by-location pricing scheme for supercharging where each individual station had its own rates. At that point the support page changed to only show the two average (mean) prices for all superchargers in the country, broken down by whether the locations billed on a "per kWh" or "per minute" basis. From then on, the only place to see the actual prices at a given supercharger were to use the car's touch screen and select the station in the navigation. Now the website doesn't even list the average prices anymore.

Last edited:
Yes. I pay around .07 cents per kWh at home in Maryland. Most superchargers start around .26-.27 cents per kWh. And California is a totally different animal. Those are outrageous- can be up around .36 per kWh.
I'm absolutely certain the prices are not that low. They are very likely 100 times that much. :rolleyes:
VerizonMath

What does A Better Route Planner use to determine costs? Would it work? How accurate is it?

I really like A Better Route Planner. I'm not sure about planning costs- if that feature is even available I haven't used it. But for long trips, I've found it extremely accurate. Of course, it depends on the information you're putting into it.

Just be sure to put in accurate info like extra weight, the speed you'll actually drive, etc. If you get a token and link it up with your Tesla, you can get real time information from it while you're driving. I used the Tesla navigation in the car to my destination, and ran ABRP on an iPad mini underneath and it navigated to the next supercharger. Worked out great.

CA is .58 cents per Kwh
Nope--not that either.
And apparently from @cstork 's disagree marker, he or she doesn't understand this either.

.58 cents is a fraction of a cent. It's less than a penny. Same with .07 cents or .26 cents, which were mentioned earlier. Those are less than one cent per kWh, which are not real electricity rates in the U.S.

You can say 58 cents, or you can say $0.58. Either of those are right, but not .58 cents.