Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Primm, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Missed this one:

rps20141117_045932.jpg

I'm mad that Rancho Cucamonga won but - we should be next! :) Between these 2 new ones - life in an 85 is going to be MUCH easier now. If we could get something in northern utah slc or ogden and san diego and then benson arizona. I would not even have anything to complain about! LOL No cost driving - KICKS ASS!

- - - Updated - - -

Just so everyone doesn't get confused. It is on the east side of the freeway. Near the Mcdonald's. The pics show Wiskey Pete's in the background - but that is actually across the freeway.

I'm mad that Rancho Cucamonga won but - we should be next! :) Between these 2 new ones - life in an 85 is going to be MUCH easier now. If we could get something in northern utah slc or ogden and san diego and then benson arizona. I would not even have anything to complain about! LOL No cost driving - KICKS ASS!

Rancho Cucamonga happened so quickly, compared to some other SoCal superchargers. Primm will still probably be finished way faster than San Juan Capistrano was. (Hopefully we will never again see a supercharger that takes that long!)

The main transformer for Primm is going to be located on the front concrete pedestal to the east of the wood fencing. At last look for me personally it wasn't there. This site has been ready for wire and the main transformer for almost 2 weeks. That's pretty much all that is left. That and testing. The transformer is almost square and about 5' x 5' x 5'

AJ

In my post #96, I peeked into the fenced off area. There are 4 smaller white cabinets and a large green one. Isn't the large green one the transformer?

RT

That is a common mistake. The large green rectangular box inside the Equipment Enclosure is the Distribution Center (a large circuit breaker box). The transformer will be outside the Equipment Enclosure and will probably have cooling fins on it. Take a look at this post from Rancho Cucamonga for a good picture of the transformer outside of the Equipment Enclosure: Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Page 15

Here is an annotated picture of the Blanding Supercharger Site that I have posted many times to show you what the pieces look like:

View attachment 64168

Crap. I need this by Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. I am not holding out hope. Guess I will get a full charge at the Valet before heading to Barstow. This will be my first long trip where I will actually have to watch range.

The main transformer for Primm is going to be located on the front concrete pedestal to the east of the wood fencing. At last look for me personally it wasn't there. This site has been ready for wire and the main transformer for almost 2 weeks. That's pretty much all that is left. That and testing. The transformer is almost square and about 5' x 5' x 5'

AJ

Labeled T-PADRS35 in my picture. Must mean Transformer Pad. It didn't seem to be 5' x 5' though, I could be wrong. I should have taken more pictures :smile:

RT

Barstow is an EASY trip in the 85. Top off charge or close to it in Vegas and anything short of a 20MPH head wind and you can drive 75+ Just watch your power consumption up the stateline hill. I've done the trip 4x in the last 2 months. Easy mode - don't even sweat it. But I am still annoyed at how long this one is taking. We know it's NV Energy to blame. They need to pull hard line HV cable and hook up transformer. :mad::mad:

Not open yet. Looks like there will be a large pedestal like earlier designs had (in the concrete base). There are also two footings for an awning. Primo location, lots of free publicity there if they put up a big sign.

The Footings at Prim I think are for two Street Lamp Poles. The Footings at Barstow look like they are for a more substantial Solar Canopy or Awning. Still waiting for that mystery to play out...
Tesla SC Canopy.jpg

The Footings at Prim I think are for two Street Lamp Poles. The Footings at Barstow look like they are for a more substantial Solar Canopy or Awning. Still waiting for that mystery to play out...

I think you are correct. When I first saw photos of the footings at Primm, I could not imagine them supporting any significantly sized structure. If one was to also take into consideration the high winds that can hit that area, that would add to the stress of any structure.