Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Primm, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is charging by the hour at Primm cheaper than charging at Baker in California?

Baker is $0.28 a kw.

What is other people’s experience? If I’m calculating correctly. As long as you get more than 60kwh charging you make out by charging at primm instead of Baker?

$0.27x60mins = $16.20

$16.20 / 60kw (min charge rate for higher tier price) = $0.27 a kw. If you charge at 100kw then it’s only $0.16 a kw.

So in that sense it seems like a better deal if I skip baker and charge at primm.

Primm charging was not ideal today. 2A started at 142 kW but quickly (within 2 min) dropped to 30 kW, 2B was empty. I switched to 5B, again started at 140 kW but dropped more slowly to 60 kW and stayed between 60 -70kW. I had 15% battery and X100D so no battery limitation. It might be the heat, 100 F but it will be hot here all summer. Maybe charge in Baker unless you want to visit the outlets.

With all of the recent and frankly unanticipated SC activity in Las Vegas -- Tivoli, LINQ/High Roller, Premium Outlets North (which I'm hoping will be named "Spaghetti Bowl") -- has anyone checked around Primm lately to see if there's an expansion or second SC site in work?

With all of the recent and frankly unanticipated SC activity in Las Vegas -- Tivoli, LINQ/High Roller, Premium Outlets North (which I'm hoping will be named "Spaghetti Bowl") -- has anyone checked around Primm lately to see if there's an expansion or second SC site in work?
I checked for other permits in Clark County and I didn't see any permits for Primm

• Helpful
Reactions: FreqFlier
Apparently the Primm location has a partial barricade. The Vegas FB club had a bit of a problem trying to get in and so did someone else who posted on the forum Primm Vegas Superchargers

Attachments

• C93E5B41-95CC-44ED-9CEC-148B02C67714.png
    C93E5B41-95CC-44ED-9CEC-148B02C67714.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 123
Hey guys,

Did they just removed the 2 tier charging rates for the Primm? Looks like it. When was this? Charging is expensive now...and slow. Looks like it wants me to be here forever. Wtf?
You shouldn't have to be there forever. Baker is not far away if heading south. And obviously Vegas is real close if headed north. If the charging speed is slow, just get enough to go to the next place and move on.

32 additional stalls coming soon.

Oh yea baby! Additional 32! Hope it’s not in the back by the food court.