Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Prince George, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And we now know the location for Prince George!! 8 stalls coming to 3030 Recplace Drive, along the Yellowhead Hwy. Anyway, I'm done for the night, if anyone wants to post the threads for the AB and SK Supercharger on the list (link below) 🤯🤯🤯

I am hoping Tesla chooses to head west from here and up the Cassair which is my favored route to Alaska and NWT. Oh, and at least well placed destination chargers, along the Dempster to Inuvik would be nice.

And we now know the location for Prince George!! 8 stalls coming to 3030 Recplace Drive, along the Yellowhead Hwy. Anyway, I'm done for the night, if anyone wants to post the threads for the AB and SK Supercharger on the list (link below) 🤯🤯🤯

Marco - I see you added these new Canadian Superchargers as 'Permit', but according to the document all are shown as 'Under Construction'. I assume you're waiting for on the ground evidence of actual construction.

Reactions: PStewart
Marco - I see you added these new Canadian Superchargers as 'Permit', but according to the document all are shown as 'Under Construction'. I assume you're waiting for on the ground evidence of actual construction.
A good half of the locations (non-Tesla ones) in the document have been marked "under construction" for a few years, and have never shown up.

They are usually also subject to change.

Reactions: PStewart
Prince George, BC

Along National Highways: YH/BC-16, BC-97
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

YH

To: Jasper, AB - 379.5 km
Diversion: -0.1 km*
To: Edson, AB - 543.8 km

BC-97

To: YT-1 at Yukon, BC - 1359.1 km
Diversion: 2.1 km

To: Soldota, AK (YH/BC-16, BC-37/YT-37, YT-1, AK-2, AK-1**) - 2,982km

* Blame Mapbox for that. I can't explain it.
** Although, if you could ever drive it in an EV, the actual route would probably be determined by where there's enough power available, rather than the shortest time.

Looks like construction just started! @softcoder please take some better photos if you can and upload them 👌

3036 Recplace Dr, Prince George, BC V2N 0G2

F329DD9F-92D7-443E-AA76-13B3D6CF2E52.jpeg

Attachments

• 4FE09316-7F0A-492D-819A-9C0EF4A0E63B.jpeg
    4FE09316-7F0A-492D-819A-9C0EF4A0E63B.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 82
Long - LONG - ago I teased a college classmate of mine for being a professor at PGeorge’s University of Northern British Columbia.

Not for any scholastic reason - not at all! Congratulations to her! - but because geographically, PGeorge is in the southern half of that immense province. And yes…I know its population distribution weighting and all that. For this thread, the importance of that is to reiterate (for more than the second but less than the twentieth time) that the SpC network still has a long, long way to go. Or, from this viewpoint, to come.

Please, please, please Tesla. Please head west from here along the Cassiar Hwy and all the way to Dawson City would be a dream come true. It is always my favored route to the north country.

It will be interesting to see which way they go next: West towards Prince Rupert, or Northeast towards Dawson Creek and Ft St John. Or both. Looking at BC Hydros grid map (e.g.,Maps) it seems like there is plenty of power available in both directions.