Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s exactly what happened. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think the new west Kelowna Supercharger is also a V3 then as the pedestals look the same.

Now bring on Osoyoos. Any rumours?

They show a coming soon for Vernon where we are. Not important for us but it is the intersection of three main highways so strategically could be important.
You should probably check out supercharge.info/map

You can get all the info on v2 vs v3, number of stalls, precise location there. And the permit dots and construction cones there are a whole lot more informative than the Tesla "Coming Soon" map which is barely worth the paper its written on. Also, you can click on each dot and find a link back to these threads to seek out more information on a particular location.

Reactions: 3'sterly
That’s exactly what happened. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think the new west Kelowna Supercharger is also a V3 then as the pedestals look the same.

Now bring on Osoyoos. Any rumours?

They show a coming soon for Vernon where we are. Not important for us but it is the intersection of three main highways so strategically could be important.
You should probably check out supercharge.info/map

You can get all the info on v2 vs v3, number of stalls, precise location there. And the permit dots and construction cones there are a whole lot more informative than the Tesla "Coming Soon" map which is barely worth the paper its written on. Also, you can click on each dot and find a link back to these threads to seek out more information on a particular location.

Hey, thats pretty cool. Thanks for the tip. YUDAMAN or YUDAWUMAN (Sorry, not sure of your gender)

On edit. Your a dude. :Looked at the pic. :) So YUDAMAN. :)

• Funny
Reactions: dark cloud
Thanks for the tips everyone on preconditioning the battery!

Princeton shows up in my app now.

Attachments

• BC9188E5-0F03-44F4-B045-6F401EA41933.png
    BC9188E5-0F03-44F4-B045-6F401EA41933.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: bolero
So you were able to Supercharge successfully at this new station now? Was it ramping up to full power or at least Supercharge speeds? The last person to check-in on PlugShare several days ago said he was getting slow speeds, only 34 kw.

it charged fine. For me that means 90 kW or so to start. Still getting 21kW at 90% soc.

On Friday, June 18, 2021, I stopped here at 9:30 am in the morning and got 169KW in the first minute of charging at a 15% state of charge. It took 30 minutes to go from 15-80%. Later in the day I returned around 4 pm and got the last available stalls. My charging rate was about the same. I talked to a couple of people and they said the Hope charger was completely full and headed here to charge instead.

The Princeton Supercharger probably doesn't get a lot of use but it is pretty important right now with Hwy 5 closed south of Merritt and Hwy 1 closed as well. Once the Cache Creek Supercharger opens, it will also provide some important flexibility for travel between the Lower Mainland the and the Southern Interior.

The Princeton Supercharger probably doesn't get a lot of use but it is pretty important right now with Hwy 5 closed south of Merritt and Hwy 1 closed as well. Once the Cache Creek Supercharger opens, it will also provide some important flexibility for travel between the Lower Mainland the and the Southern Interior.

It's a perfect stop for any LR model leaving Vancouver. I live downtown and make it there easily. V3 is so much better too.

I was there last month and it was over 50% in use when I stopped.

Does anyone know the status of this supercharger after the flooding? I want to travel home on Hwy 3 and it would be bad if I can't charge here

That's a good question. I wish I would have checked the navigation system a few days ago to see if it would show it as offline, just for curiousity. It says it is fine now, with 7 of 8 superchargers available, which means someone is charging right now.

Just to be sure, I called Tesla and spoke with somone who verified that it is operational. They confirmed that if it were offline, it would state that in the navigation.

• Helpful
Reactions: bolero and 3'sterly
This charger let me down today (2022-02-27 ~3pm). The charge would not start and the car screen reported a supercharger error. It sowed 3 stalls open at the time but none worked. I see it shows 7/8 active now so maybe it was an easy remote fix.
Were all the stalls you tried adjacent? It’s possible that it was just 1 of the 2 cabinets that was not working.