Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I just found a Tweet showing a new Supercharger permit in Princeton BC at the Princeton Plaza. The sender of the Tweet indicated there were several other Supercharger permits as well, none released yet. As far as I know, I don’t think these permits are generally available to the public, so I will avoid putting the Tweet here in case the OP was passing any boundaries.

Anyway, now that we’ve got it, I will add this to Supercharge Info!
FCB8F15F-2AC3-45A8-83A2-1D455925784C.jpeg

I look forward to this one. I've dug through the town council minutes in the past hoping to find something but never did. This one should make for an anxiety free drive from the Lower Mainland to the Penticton area via Highway 3. It's already possible via Highway 5 (Merritt) but more options are always nice.

Princeton has a BC Hydro fast charger also at Princeton Plaza.

There are currently x3 Tesla Destination Chargers in Princeton.

tesla_greyblue.png
Princeton Visitor Center [Tesla]
Operated by
tesla.png
Tesla
Tesla Destination Charger, 2 stalls, 16kW
169 Bridge St Princeton, BC V0X 1W0
49.45980, -120.50705

and

tesla_greyblue.png
The Vermilion Fork Kitchen + Bar [Tesla]
Operated by
tesla.png
Tesla
Tesla Destination Charger, 1 stall, 16kW
157 Vermilion Ave Princeton, British Columbia V1Y 1 M5
49.45885, -120.50875

Info courtesy of A Better Route Planner.

Cheers! Hugh-SG

I just found a Tweet showing a new Supercharger permit in Princeton BC at the Princeton Plaza. The sender of the Tweet indicated there were several other Supercharger permits as well, none released yet. As far as I know, I don’t think these permits are generally available to the public, so I will avoid putting the Tweet here in case the OP was passing any boundaries.

Anyway, now that we’ve got it, I will add this to Supercharge Info!View attachment 516010

So I'm curious about this. Where do these tenders get posted for bidders to review? Is it straight from Tesla?

Was in Princeton over the long weekend and popped into the visitors center. Talked to the lady in there and she said because of covid the work is on hold. She also said if it wasn't for covid they would have been online already.Hopefully they will start construction soon and be ready for next year sometime. My August long weekend trip cost $50 in my model S. Used 4 chademos during the trip. Osoyoos, Oliver, Keremeos and Princeton. Will be much better when the superchargers are up and running as I have free supercharging.

Reactions: Ol'Blue
Was in Princeton over the long weekend and popped into the visitors center. Talked to the lady in there and she said because of covid the work is on hold. She also said if it wasn't for covid they would have been online already.Hopefully they will start construction soon and be ready for next year sometime. My August long weekend trip cost $50 in my model S. Used 4 chademos during the trip. Osoyoos, Oliver, Keremeos and Princeton. Will be much better when the superchargers are up and running as I have free supercharging.

Great info, thanks. I've also been on the Vancouver-Osoyoos route a few times this summer. I have the Chademo adapter but Manning is an ideal stop for everyone so it's pretty busy. Princeton and Keremeos have paid Chademo that is a bit expensive.

Thanks for the update. I wonder when the one in Osoyoos will get sorted. This will solve much of the anxiety. I’ve stopped at the Keremeos one and it was a good experience, and enough to get me to hope when there was some snow on the ground. (Read as reduced winter range)

Anyone with a standard range or 75D or smaller battery may find that a bit more stress inducing however.

Headed up that way in about 2 weeks, thinking of doing that route again. It’s my favourite way.

This makes me happy.

used a few Chademo chargers on my recent trip to the region just to see how things are working.

The supercharger is still head and shoulders above any other options.

I couldn’t get above 35kw on a petro Canada system and maxed out at a disappointing 30 kW on a BChydro Greenlots 50kW charger.

This makes me happy.

used a few Chademo chargers on my recent trip to the region just to see how things are working.

The supercharger is still head and shoulders above any other options.

I couldn’t get above 35kw on a petro Canada system and maxed out at a disappointing 30 kW on a BChydro Greenlots 50kW charger.
I don't Chademo often but I've never gotten more than ~40kW in the states. I'm afraid the 50kW advertised charge rate might be a little optimistic.

What do you mean by "National Highways"? All Highways in Canada are provincial with a few limited exceptions, mainly stretches within Federal Parks. There is a National Highway System, but that is more of a cost-share program with the provinces retaining full control.

Yes, that's what I meant, the Highways that are (ostensibly) of strategic importance so designated as part of the National Highway System.

I don't know whether the cost-sharing is a significant help or a hindrance and pork barrel.