Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a member of the West Virginia Electric Auto Association (WVEAA). I live in South Charleston. We have active members from throughout the state, including Martinsburg, Canaan Valley, and New Martinsville.

WVEAA sometimes hold meet-ups at various spots around West Virginia, although not so much during the pandemic. Anyway, we were thinking of holding a meet-up at this Supercharger after it goes public, especially if we can invite some folks from the Princeton/Bluefield area to participate.

This will not be a recruiting session, as we don't charge dues and do very little self-marketing. Social distancing and masking would be practiced to protect everyone's health.

Any interest? Thanks.

Reactions: jrreno
I am a member of the West Virginia Electric Auto Association (WVEAA). I live in South Charleston. We have active members from throughout the state, including Martinsburg, Canaan Valley, and New Martinsville.

WVEAA sometimes hold meet-ups at various spots around West Virginia, although not so much during the pandemic. Anyway, we were thinking of holding a meet-up at this Supercharger after it goes public, especially if we can invite some folks from the Princeton/Bluefield area to participate.

This will not be a recruiting session, as we don't charge dues and do very little self-marketing. Social distancing and masking would be practiced to protect everyone's health.

Any interest? Thanks.

Sounds fun. I might be up for a trip out there depending on the date and what I have going on at work.

Reactions: WVhybrid
You wouldn’t happen to be the white model 3 would ya? I know there is 2 white model 3s, another red model 3, a grey model Y, a black model X, a red model y performance, a black model s, and two white model s’ between Princeton and bluefield lol. I’m guessing you might be one of them? 😂
I have the black Model X. I've seen a white Model 3 on 460 and in the neighborhood off Bland street. I haven't seen the others. Dr. Donatelle at the foot clinic in Bluefield VA told me he has a reservation for a cybertruck. He'll likely be the 1st in the area, unless I can talk my wife into it. We are planning to get a 2nd Tesla in a couple of years when our X is paid off. Which model do you have?

Any interest? Thanks.
I'd love to come. Just let me know when.

A

Any interest? Thanks.
Absolutely!

If the transformer is in, they are connected via the wiring, as the transformer pad has the wires pre-pulled and the only connection point is the transformer. If the meter is unpowered, the issue will be an inspection by the power company or municipality to approve turn on. If the meter is powered, the issue will be Tesla coming and adjusting the site and tuning and certifying everything. (The covers stay on until Tesla turns on the system, it seems).

I have the black Model X. I've seen a white Model 3 on 460 and in the neighborhood off Bland street. I haven't seen the others. Dr. Donatelle at the foot clinic in Bluefield VA told me he has a reservation for a cybertruck. He'll likely be the 1st in the area, unless I can talk my wife into it. We are planning to get a 2nd Tesla in a couple of years when our X is paid off. Which model do you have?
That’s awesome! I’ve got a Red Model 3. I actually saw your model X I believe at food city the other day when I had to do some shopping haha. That was the first Tesla I had ever seen around here years ago right when I had started driving. I’m almost 19 and had the Model 3 since March of 2021. But I personally love the cybertruck! I reserved mine 2ish days after the unveil of it when I really started to love it haha. Just hoping it will come out sometime in the next year or two!

Any interest? Thanks.
I am from Nebraska and anticipate a drive to Bluefield this year and would really appreciate a supercharger close by!

stopped by on way to Charlotte yesterday. Tesla energy was there commissioning it. I pulled up and chatted for a bit. Said I could have charged if I wanted. Didn’t need to / didn’t test out. But lights were on.

Attachments

• 83575801-C928-4359-B723-F4504D800887.jpeg
    83575801-C928-4359-B723-F4504D800887.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 107
Just charged at the Princeton supercharger! Went out to get lunch, was already charged from the home charger but I decided to drop by and plug in since they just put them online! Had 150 when I started, took 10 minutes to get to 180. Started charging at 26kw. I’ve read here where everyone says it’s a V3 charger. I know the v3 chargers have a very thick cable but these have a thin cable so maybe they are a V2? Only was charging at 117ish mph. I know they charge slower as you get close to the end of your charge but I don’t ever recall being at a v3 that charges this slow under 80% charge.
41AC605D-B501-4C36-890D-2D6630D55598.jpeg

Just charged at the Princeton supercharger! Went out to get lunch, was already charged from the home charger but I decided to drop by and plug in since they just put them online! Had 150 when I started, took 10 minutes to get to 180. Started charging at 26kw. I’ve read here where everyone says it’s a V3 charger. I know the v3 chargers have a very thick cable but these have a thin cable so maybe they are a V2? Only was charging at 117ish mph. I know they charge slower as you get close to the end of your charge but I don’t ever recall being at a v3 that charges this slow under 80% charge.
View attachment 760047
V3 have thinner, glycol cooled cables. V2 have thicker cabling that's shrowded in like copper or something. This is a v3.

Edit: also, since you were close to about 50% SOC, and you didn't precondition the battery because that's probably impossible without the supercharger marker being on your infotainment map, you had a slow charge rate.

V3 have thinner, glycol cooled cables. V2 have thicker cabling that's shrowded in like copper or something. This is a v3.

Edit: also, since you were close to about 50% SOC, and you didn't precondition the battery because that's probably impossible without the supercharger marker being on your infotainment map, you had a slow charge rate.
50%? Looks more like a 70% to 80% charge to me from the picture, and at 38F, presumably only a few minutes from home (i.e. very cold battery). I'm not surprised at all by the slow charge rate.

Oh okay that makes perfect sense then! I always thought the thicker cables were the v3s 😅 thanks for correcting me!
50%? Looks more like a 70% to 80% charge to me from the picture, and at 38F, presumably only a few minutes from home (i.e. very cold battery). I'm not surprised at all by the slow charge rate.
i was driving back home when I took that picture lol. I had already charged and left. But I had been driving for about 30 minutes ish so it probably was a little cold.