Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Princeton, WV

Along Primary Interstates: I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-19, US-460
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-77

To: Mt. Hope, WV - 40.7 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Charleston, WV - 93.5 miles

US-19

To: Mt. Hope, WV - 48.5 miles
Diversion: 6 miles
To: Weston, WV - 171 miles

US-460

To: Salem, VA - 78.2 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Lynchburg, VA - 134.9 miles

To: Weston, WV (I-77, US-19, I-79) 149.4 miles
To: Salem, VA (US-460, I-81) 77.5 miles

I-77, US-460 plus US-19.

Not a major splitter, but it is a v3 in a sea of v2.
Splits the 77.5 mile gap between 2 v2 Superchargers (Wytheville, VA to Mt. Hope, WV).
Is helpful for travel as it's 149.1 from the v3 in Mooresville, NC.

Any update would be great. Wonder if it will be operational later this month. Heading south and that path has limited old style V2 chargers and that would be a welcome relief. I then could make it to Mooresville NC
I’m a tesla owner living In Princeton wv, I passed by the chargers today and i don’t believe they are open yet. Still some covers on the big white boxes. But the fencing and caution tape is down so you can pull right up to them. However there are still some wires in conduit running out of a pad of concrete directly beside the line of chargers.

Reactions: PStewart and YNOGAS
Thanks for the info. Please post any pictures or progress. 😎
I’m a tesla owner living In Princeton wv, I passed by the chargers today and i don’t believe they are open yet. Still some covers on the big white boxes. But the fencing and caution tape is down so you can pull right up to them. However there are still some wires in conduit running out of a pad of concrete directly beside the line of chargers.
Will get some pictures next time I’m by there

Will get some pictures next time I’m by there
Can you get some pictures? Key items needed before the supercharger can open include:
  • A big transformer somewhere near the chargers. There is usually a concrete pad for it. The wiring you mentioned likely leads from the pedestals to the location where the transformer will be.
  • A meter from the utility...this is usually the very last thing to be installed. It is round with a glass cover.
  • Finally, you will know they are powered when the "Tesla" on the pedestals are lit.
  • A tech, usually in a Tesla will often be at the location for several hours, sometimes across a couple of days undertaking the final steps to energize the system.
The pedestals can look finished but, sadly, it can still take many months for the utility to complete their work (e.g., install the transformers and meter). All we can do is watch for signs this work is progressing or has happened. Photos of the site help us get a sense of where things stand.

Reactions: jrreno
Nice to hear that there's another Tesla owner in Mercer county. I thought I was the only one. I passed by the new supercharger today and it looks finished but the pillars aren't lit yet.

Nice to hear that there's another Tesla owner in Mercer county. I thought I was the only one. I passed by the new supercharger today and it looks finished but the pillars aren't lit yet.
According to rumor, there was a Tesla owner in about 2013-2014 who plugged into an EVSE at the Cole Nissan dealership in Bluefield who ticked off Bill Cole enough that he got together with the West Virginia car dealers group to ban Tesla from West Virginia. I don't know if the Tesla owner really existed, nor do I know if that rumor is true, but it is true that Tesla (or any other company that sells new cars directly to consumers, e.g., Rivian) cannot open a store or repair center in West Virginia due to the law authored by Bill Cole.

According to rumor, there was a Tesla owner in about 2013-2014 who plugged into an EVSE at the Cole Nissan dealership in Bluefield who ticked off Bill Cole enough that he got together with the West Virginia car dealers group to ban Tesla from West Virginia. I don't know if the Tesla owner really existed, nor do I know if that rumor is true, but it is true that Tesla (or any other company that sells new cars directly to consumers, e.g., Rivian) cannot open a store or repair center in West Virginia due to the law authored by Bill Cole.
Yeah, I think Bill Cole started the rumor. Doesn't sound believable to me. The dealership could have just refused the Tesla owner and there would be little benefit for the Tesla owner to do it anyway. Even if true it's no reason to limit customer choice. Cole just doesn't want the transition to EVs to happen because it will hurt his business. It's a shame that he was in a position to abuse his power like that.

You wouldn’t happen to be the white model 3 would ya? I know there is 2 white model 3s, another red model 3, a grey model Y, a black model X, a red model y performance, a black model s, and two white model s’ between Princeton and bluefield lol. I’m guessing you might be one of them? 😂

Yeah, I think Bill Cole started the rumor. Doesn't sound believable to me. The dealership could have just refused the Tesla owner and there would be little benefit for the Tesla owner to do it anyway. Even if true it's no reason to limit customer choice. Cole just doesn't want the transition to EVs to happen because it will hurt his business. It's a shame that he was in a position to abuse his power like that.
You opinion makes a lot of sense, given what I know about the behavior of recent West Virginia politics.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Here’s some pictures I took this morning of the current state of the superchargers when I was out and about.
EB5FEE2A-D0CD-4E8D-B932-FE99356EF57D.jpeg
F3D5B101-A985-45A3-A0D4-097ECCE69C6A.jpeg