TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Progress

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Sep 2, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

The Supercharger Progress wiki has some hearsay entries.

Did they specifically say Portland for the Portland area? A spot near the Maine Mall in South Portland would seem like an obvious location since it sits between I-95 and I-295 and near the Southern intersection.

Maine is very municipally based, so speed would depend on the city.
    CMP's advertising that they extended their Greater Portland program for business plug-ins, so hopefully they'll be helpful when it comes to the installations in Southern Maine.

2. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

The speculation is Kittery Outlets, Maine Mall (Portalnd) and Bangor Mall (Simon owned). Personally, I would like to see one near Rockport.

3. Monsieur X

Monsieur X Member

Drummondville,QC site work started Yesterday Saturday Nov 15th, hoping for Dec delivery

4. snellenr

snellenr Member

Just curious about whether there is some convention about when to add the SuperCharger sites from the Tesla Coming Soon/2014/2015 graphics. I see that all of the Texas dots are here, but none of the planned sites in Michigan...

As near as I can read the dots -- and yes, I do realize that 2014 is nearly over :frown:

in 2014:
    Lansing, MI
    Jackson, MI
    in 2015:
    Saginaw, MI
    Reed City, MI (on M-131, half-way between St. Joseph and Traverse City)
    Indian River, MI (although this could be Gaylord)
    Traverse City, MI
    Muskegon, MI
    Manistee, MI

5. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

It's a wiki, so community members are free to add what they like. Since 2014 and 2015 dots on the Tesla Supercharger map are unreliable, I wait until there is at least a credible rumor of an upcoming location before adding it to the list.

6. W0QR

W0QR Member

Nothing in Nebraska along I-80..for 400 MILES or more. Even the capital of the state doesn't have one! The most populated city in the state (Omaha) doesn't have a supercharger. Come on!

7. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Supporting Member

Cities are usually the last to get them, as they are "destinations". Getting to and from the cities, that is another matter. Nebraska will have I-80 covered by 2016. It is one of those places that is just last on the list it seems. Somebody had to be last. Sorry that it was you. Don't lose hope though. TM has often surprised us with new sites.

8. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Council Bluffs, Iowa will be getting one in 2015 (and there is rumored progress already), but it looks like Nebraska will be one of the last states to get a supercharger in 2016.

9. EMP40

EMP40 Member

Need one on I95 in eastern Oregon with Jordan Valley being about the best spot for travel to/from Boise and Nevada and California

10. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I'm shamelessly bumping this back onto the first page of the wiki list.

11. GFort

GFort New Member

This just spotted in Burbank, CA. Near the corner of Alameda and San Fernando Rd. Six new chargers.

Tesla Burbank.jpg

12. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Boise, ID opened today

13. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I think it opened Aug 7.

Take a look at the data tab on supercharge.info

14. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Thanks! Looks like time has passed while I have clicked on the design studio link multiple times a day! :redface:

15. BHUtopia

BHUtopia Member

Dublin CA SCs went live today.

16. richardl007

richardl007 Member

Seems like SC in north america have slown down in permits and construction. Agree?

17. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

My rule of thumb is that if under construction + permits < 20 at supercharge.info, that is a slow pace, 20-30 is good, and >30 is fast, so yeah it's been quite slow lately. Perhaps Tesla has slowed the pace until they are cash flow positive again (which should be this quarter) and it will pick up again in April.

18. mmccord

mmccord Member

There are at least two in pa that aren't on the map yet. (Erie and Harrisburg). Locations have been confirmed verbally, but no paperwork on permits yet.

19. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Supporting Member

Only 6 sites under construction across the entire US. 10 permits, but some of those have been present for over a year. Yes, really slow.

On another note, this wiki is no longer that useful given the excellent supercharge.info site. I wonder if we should just change it to a standard thread now.

20. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I don't know if anyone besides me uses the page as a reference, but it has alot of information which is not present on supercharge.info. It has information on sites like Temecula CA, Idaho Falls ID, Cisco and Sweetwater TX etc. for which there is motion toward getting a supercharger without a permit or specific site yet and unconfirmed locations like Harrisburg PA which don't have enough evidence yet for their blue dot. It also has information on which sites are done with construction but waiting for a transformer. I have been maintaining the wiki (others are welcome and encouraged to do so as well) because I like the information in it - I hope others find it useful as well.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.