Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Supercharger Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I see no Maine SCs on the chart I will add some info here. I can confirm that TM is looking at three 'areas' in Maine as a minimum. I know because my brother lives in Maine and has put a member of the Freemont based SC team in contact with the person in charge of business development for the state of Maine. I know TM is interested in Kittery, Portland and Bangor. Beyond that I have NO additional information about whether the talks have been successful in cutting through 'red tape' in local municipalities and whether other spots are under consideration.
These conversation between TM and Maine officials took place in June 2014.

I do not know if this should be added to the chart or not and be given the designation as 'hearsay'. I will let people more familiar with 'SC speak' decide what to do with this information.

The Supercharger Progress wiki has some hearsay entries.

Did they specifically say Portland for the Portland area? A spot near the Maine Mall in South Portland would seem like an obvious location since it sits between I-95 and I-295 and near the Southern intersection.

Maine is very municipally based, so speed would depend on the city.
CMP's advertising that they extended their Greater Portland program for business plug-ins, so hopefully they'll be helpful when it comes to the installations in Southern Maine.

The Supercharger Progress wiki has some hearsay entries.

Did they specifically say Portland for the Portland area? A spot near the Maine Mall in South Portland would seem like an obvious location since it sits between I-95 and I-295 and near the Southern intersection.

Maine is very municipally based, so speed would depend on the city.
CMP's advertising that they extended their Greater Portland program for business plug-ins, so hopefully they'll be helpful when it comes to the installations in Southern Maine.

The speculation is Kittery Outlets, Maine Mall (Portalnd) and Bangor Mall (Simon owned). Personally, I would like to see one near Rockport.

Just curious about whether there is some convention about when to add the SuperCharger sites from the Tesla Coming Soon/2014/2015 graphics. I see that all of the Texas dots are here, but none of the planned sites in Michigan...

As near as I can read the dots -- and yes, I do realize that 2014 is nearly over :frown:

in 2014:
Lansing, MI
Jackson, MI
in 2015:
Saginaw, MI
Reed City, MI (on M-131, half-way between St. Joseph and Traverse City)
Indian River, MI (although this could be Gaylord)
Traverse City, MI
Muskegon, MI
Manistee, MI

Nothing in Nebraska along I-80..for 400 MILES or more. Even the capital of the state doesn't have one! The most populated city in the state (Omaha) doesn't have a supercharger. Come on!

Cities are usually the last to get them, as they are "destinations". Getting to and from the cities, that is another matter. Nebraska will have I-80 covered by 2016. It is one of those places that is just last on the list it seems. Somebody had to be last. Sorry that it was you. Don't lose hope though. TM has often surprised us with new sites.

Nothing in Nebraska along I-80..for 400 MILES or more. Even the capital of the state doesn't have one! The most populated city in the state (Omaha) doesn't have a supercharger. Come on!

Council Bluffs, Iowa will be getting one in 2015 (and there is rumored progress already), but it looks like Nebraska will be one of the last states to get a supercharger in 2016.

This just spotted in Burbank, CA. Near the corner of Alameda and San Fernando Rd. Six new chargers.

Tesla Burbank.jpg

Attachments

• VvtLVlY-ygtHnb9cYwEz9EKJHQgFPYkjxhorsCd_8dg,XxQb69O9JYyC8iG3Q1xCXkGbZjXvxdEUJLtS7AyHL94.jpg
    VvtLVlY-ygtHnb9cYwEz9EKJHQgFPYkjxhorsCd_8dg,XxQb69O9JYyC8iG3Q1xCXkGbZjXvxdEUJLtS7AyHL94.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Seems like SC in north america have slown down in permits and construction. Agree?

My rule of thumb is that if under construction + permits < 20 at supercharge.info, that is a slow pace, 20-30 is good, and >30 is fast, so yeah it's been quite slow lately. Perhaps Tesla has slowed the pace until they are cash flow positive again (which should be this quarter) and it will pick up again in April.

Only 6 sites under construction across the entire US. 10 permits, but some of those have been present for over a year. Yes, really slow.

On another note, this wiki is no longer that useful given the excellent supercharge.info site. I wonder if we should just change it to a standard thread now.

I don't know if anyone besides me uses the page as a reference, but it has alot of information which is not present on supercharge.info. It has information on sites like Temecula CA, Idaho Falls ID, Cisco and Sweetwater TX etc. for which there is motion toward getting a supercharger without a permit or specific site yet and unconfirmed locations like Harrisburg PA which don't have enough evidence yet for their blue dot. It also has information on which sites are done with construction but waiting for a transformer. I have been maintaining the wiki (others are welcome and encouraged to do so as well) because I like the information in it - I hope others find it useful as well.