Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hickory, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hickory, NC

Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70, US-321
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40:
To: Statesville, NC - 29.1 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Greensboro, NC - 86.8 miles

Neighbors:
Statesville, NC (I-40,I-77): 29.1 miles
Charlotte, NC (I-40,NC-16,I-485): 54.2 miles
Columbia, SC (u,US-321,I-85,I-485,I-77,SC-555): 129 miles
Greenville, SC (u,US-321,I-85,I-385,SC-146): 105 miles
Asheville, NC (I-40,I-26,NC-191): 82.9 miles
Bristol, TN (I-40,US-64,NC-181,US-221,NC-194,US-19,u,TN-126,u,US-11): 111 miles

• Informative
Reactions: gonzo
North Charlotte is booming and has affluent area, thus Tesla customers. Personally, I see the logic for Hickory for I-40 and into the NC mountains, but I would love to see Statesville in order to get to/from Davidson/N. Charlotte from Triad and Triangle without the current 40-mile diversion into I-85 hellish traffic and construction to get to Mallard Creek. At this rate it might get done just about the time my son finishes college :(

IMG_2057.JPG

Hickory is coming soon. Hot off the presses.

I'm going to be driving west from Raleigh to Knoxville on Nov 17,, and the stretch on I-40 between SCs in Burlington and Asheville is a big concern. Looks like Greensboro might be up by then, since it's showing as being a week into construction. Wish Hickory could be there but I'm guessing that's a little too quick.

I'm going to be driving west from Raleigh to Knoxville on Nov 17,, and the stretch on I-40 between SCs in Burlington and Asheville is a big concern. Looks like Greensboro might be up by then, since it's showing as being a week into construction. Wish Hickory could be there but I'm guessing that's a little too quick.

Burlington to Asheville is easily doable in a P85. I've done it quite a few times in both directions. Just need close to 100% charge to be safe with it, especially westbound since you have to climb Black Mountain.

Burlington to Asheville is easily doable in a P85. I've done it quite a few times in both directions. Just need close to 100% charge to be safe with it, especially westbound since you have to climb Black Mountain.

Yeah I realize that it's doable with a full charge. I just hate the idea of having to spend the extra ~30 min for the regressive charge rate to get from 80% to 100%, especially on a drive that's going to be a bit long already.

Tesla's proposal appears to have been not approved. This is a direct link to the Catawba county records. If that link doesn't work, enter 'tesla' in the search field here.
The location is the Sheetz located here, at 2191 13TH Ave Dr SE, Hickory, NC 28602

Appears to be needing to be resubmitted due to lack of handicap access route between superchargers and building structure. Appears like it would be an easy fix to the plans. Looks like a great site on Google street view/maps.