Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hickory, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're still pulling the main feeds to the stalls and from the charger cabinets to the pedestals. Also pretty sure they're constructing a fence around the cabinets and switchgear. Unlikely the utility power is ready, either.

Overall, next weekend is super optimistic.

I'd expect closer to mid April realistically.

Just stopped by on my way back from Asheville. No work going on but it doesn’t really look like there is anything significant left to do. No power to the meter yet.
99A61425-9D0C-445A-832D-448403901F04.jpeg
6BC1FB09-54E0-41B3-9FCC-86CEACFCEFEB.jpeg

I'm psyched about this location! I do an annual summer trip to Newton/Conover for a gathering of, for lack of better words, geeks playing with big lasers.

The past two years, I've had to stop at the HPWC at Corriher Implement Co in downtown Newton to charge up to get home, but I'd have to leave my car there for hours and walk back to the venue, then walk back later that day when charged up enough. The year before that, I had to go to the Nissan Dealership in Hickory to use their Chademo charger, which popped off after 20 minutes, forcing me to drive down to Charlotte SC in order to get home! (I didn't know at the time that that Chademo charger was user-resettable).

This new SC changes everything and will make my trip and charging so much easier.

Reactions: PLUS EV
The restaurant near that Harley place is actually pretty good...

But yeah, the Tesla nav has tried to send me that way to Sheetz since... forever. The new nav in the Model 3 is just as bad and wants me to get on 70, make a right, then another right, and go all the way around the block to get to Sheetz.

Hopefully they fix this, because I'm sure out of town folks will get confused.

Edit: On a side note, this supercharger is less than 6 miles from my house...