Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is Wallace so much better than Warsaw?

It was an issue with the site host being extremely intolerant of Tesla owners. It's not a question of whether Wallace is "better" than Warsaw, just that Tesla needed a plan B after it became clear the Warsaw property owner was going to make life difficult for Tesla owners. There were safety concerns as well. Frankly, it's surprising that the Warsaw SC was open for as long as it was.

Maybe they can re-use some of those pedestals somewhere!

Reactions: Kacey Green
I think the Warsaw location was chosen since it was a more strategic location at the intersection of Interstate 40 and Highway 24 than is Wallace. Also Warsaw is about half way from Wilmington to Interstate 95. I do not understand how the Quality Inn was chosen, but the local Inn keeper was not friendly to the Tesla community. I assume when the contract was up Tesla left Warsaw. The location in Wallace is a more affluent community than Warsaw with it's pickups and 18 wheelers. I have charged in Warsaw many times, but the "feel" in Wallace is much nicer and more upscale.

Reactions: Big Earl
IMG_2915.jpg
IMG_2916.jpg

I would have loved to be the staff removing these.. I can only imagine that hotel owner out there yelling about anything and everything... Awesome pictures! I have not seen a SC get removed before and honestly surprised how they do leave them - guess they don't care anymore about how it looks as long as their name is not shown anymore.

Sad this hotel owner didn't cash in on the benefits of having people there. He could've added vending machines and other amenities and easily profited off this. I really wonder if at some point it was sold and the new owner did not like them. Does anyone know? Has this location been a problem since day one?

The below ground parts involve pouring concrete so the cost of tearing it out are very high- these parts are waaaay easier to put in the ground than they are to take out!

and this SC is notorious for having very unfriendly neighbors - there are complaints littered ( see what I did just there??? ) throughout this thread since almost the day the SC opened. I charged here frequently but the next door hotel was definitely NOT a place I'd want to frequent...