Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently this Supercharger does bill Model 3's for charging. Unlike other Superchargers, the charge (transaction) doesn't show up on the center screen which is why I thought I hadn't been billed. I checked my account on Tesla.com and they did charge me. No big deal, I'm happy to pay for whatever I use but I just wanted to correct my earlier post. It's strange because it's been 2 weeks and on the center screen in the car it still shows my last billed charge from a different Supercharger which occurred prior to stopping at Warsaw.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Does anyone know if this charger or the Wallace charger are working after Florence?
I noticed that I-40 was closed right at the Wallace supercharger exit, but that was a couple days ago. From what I'm hearing I doubt it's opened up yet.

I do know that many superchargers in hurricane/flooding prone areas are specially built to withstand them. Columbus, Texas has the cabinets put on a platform so even when it flooded after Harvey the supercharger worked fine. I was in Houston area and the Florida Keys less than a week after the hurricanes last year and all of the superchargers were working, even the one at the Marathon, FL (they put it at the airport which was smart as it was built on higher ground) and Victoria, TX where the host hotel still has not re-opened a year later.

50AA80F6-2BB9-42F7-9A9F-7266DE92A5DA.jpeg
I used Wallace twice last weekend to/from Wilmington. Very nice quiet location near WILD BOAR TAVERN (behind this photo) and a BOJANGLES. There is also an interesting Chargepoint charging station including Chademo along the same row of spaces, possibly in the parking lot of an electric coop. There was interesting signage that supercharger power is supplied by the WILD BOAR.

Last edited:
Just wanted to drop a note... I stopped here very late on Thursday night and got 145 kW charge. It is still working great. Hotel parking lot was almost full but no ICEing in the stalls which was a nice bonus.

As a side note, I took my daughter horseback riding in Rocky Point, NC (near Hampstead) and the owner of the farm was very interested in our Model 3. It was the first Tesla he had ever seen in person. He seemed very interested/open to buying an electric pickup. He currently has 2 F-350's for transporting his horse trailers. I mentioned the Tesla pickup unveiling next month. Interesting that even with zero advertising and him never seeing one on the road I was surprised of how aware he was of the brand. Pretty cool. :)