Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe tesla’s plan is to move supercharger the other side of Highway 24 at some point. They will keep the current supercharger working until that time.
IT has to be more than just a move, otherwise, they would still have the charger available via the in-car navigation. When I stopped in on the Feb 4, there was someone in the hotel peering out and they didn't have the nicest expression on their face. I'm glad I only stayed for a few minutes to grab a picture documenting the visit and quickly moved along. .

Hard to imagine what kind of creature resents people who charge their EVs. What did they think would happen when they agreed to host the charger?

I have no problem imagining that type of person. I got the following note back in 2011 when charging my LEAF at a Blink station

UnkindNote.jpg

Any updates on the status of this "ghost" supercharger? Heading to the Crystal Coast this weekend and being able to stop here means I won't be on my last few electrons when I hit the island.

I was there this past Saturday and had zero issues charging. I checked PlugShare before I arrived and noticed others were charging just fine as well.

• Informative
Reactions: pgiralt and bhzmark
Stopped there yesterday on road rip from Maryland. Tesla rep was there doing a demo on model S. I plugged into 3B. It was resetting to 0 charge every few minutes. I moved to 2B. That was charging at about 50% of the normal rate. I moved to 1B and that worked fine. The Tesla rep had charged the demo on 1A earlier. He said that it worked fine. He then moved the demo to 3B to test it and it did the repeating reset also. He thought that the problem may be with the cooling system of the charger. He reported The problems.

The charging station was damaged a few days ago by a backhoe from the construction area behind the charger. He said he was not certain of the reason for the construction. It is not for Tesla. He indicated that the station may be moved about 20 miles south to Wallace
I put in my vote for that since it is my normal final destination!

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
He indicated that the station may be moved about 20 miles south to Wallace

Ha! I was speculating that the Wallace Holiday Inn Express was a possible location before Warsaw was built. Sounds like this might be where it will end up. Unfortunately, that's a sub-optimal location for some routes to the coast, but perhaps has a decent restaurant

Supercharger Proposal for NC - Warsaw, NC